Healthy chicken recipes consist of nutritional and other essential components. It is a type of white meat that may be prepared in various ways and is widely available. You can get a lot of health benefits from finger-licking recipes.
Non-vegetarians are well aware of the importance of chicken in their daily lives. When it comes to lean protein, healthy chicken recipes may be a popular choice because they are low in fat, particularly compared to other animal meat. The calories can vary according to the part that you prefer. Chicken breast, chicken thigh, and chicken wings all have different calorie amounts.
Benefits of Healthy Chicken Recipes
Several essential nutrients in chicken make it a great addition to a well-balanced diet. Since chicken is low in calories but high in protein, it may help you lose weight and give you other additional benefits. Some of the reasons why you could add chicken to your daily routine are listed below:
1. Chicken Is a Protein-Rich Meat
Chicken is a high-protein and nutrient-dense meat. A 100 g chicken can have around 27.3 g of protein. Chicken recipes would be best for those who want to increase their muscles. Protein is one of the most crucial building components in the human body. We must consume enough protein to maintain our health. They aid in muscle development and maintenance and support bones and healing muscles.
2. Chicken Recipes Can Aid Weight Loss
Including chicken in your diet may aid weight loss, keep you full, promote muscular growth, and improve bone health.
3. Chicken Recipes Are Good for Your Heart
Chicken, which is high in vitamin B6 and niacin. Vitamin B6 helps prevent heart attacks, and niacin aids in reducing cholesterol.
4. Chicken Contains Has Abundance of Nutrients
- Chicken contains vitamin A. This aids in developing eyesight and is believed to be adequate for the immune system.
- Chicken contains vitamin B—which aids in generating energy and the formation of healthy RBCs.
- Chicken contains vitamin D, which aids calcium absorption and boosts bone health.
- Electrolytes like potassium and sodium can help with body water, while phosphorus can assist with fatigue, bone metabolism, cognitive function, oral care, and metabolic diseases.
- Iron can help with hemoglobin production, muscle function, and anemia prevention.
- One of the essential vitamins in chicken is vitamin B3 B6. It aids in the proper functioning of our metabolism, neurological system, and immune system.
- Phosphorus is necessary for the health of our bones and teeth, as well as for our metabolism.
5. Chicken Recipes Are in Demand Since Ages
Chicken has traditionally been recommended for coughs, colds, and fevers. For such conditions, soup has long been a favorite chicken preparation. It keeps you warm while you are suffering from a cold and fever.
Other advantages include stress relief, infection prevention, digestive issues reduction, and improved skin health.
A Drawback of Including Chicken Recipes
One of the potential disadvantages could be the manner of preparation or how it is consumed. Processed meats might have a lot of sodium and other preservatives in them. Consumption of processed meat has been linked to an increased risk of heart problems diabetes and can cause cancer. Fried chicken, BBQ chicken, and a few other types of chicken should be consumed in a restricted quantity.
Proper Way to Cook Chicken Recipe
If you’re preparing chicken, make sure you remove all excess fat because it’s terrible for your heart. The fat and cholesterol content of different portions of chicken varies. The chicken’s breast meat is the thinnest, followed by the legs.
To make it healthier, marinate it with healthy spices like turmeric and coriander, as well as yogurt, so the chicken absorbs all of the nutrient content and becomes more flavorful. After that, you can cook it in a pressure cooker until the chicken is soft and delicious. You may also bake or grill it in the microwave, which is a healthy choice.
Frozen chicken, on the other hand, must be handled differently. Thaw it in the refrigerator after removing it from the freezer. If you keep this outside, then there can be bacteria build up. Also, once a frozen chicken has been thawed, it should never be refrozen. So only thaw as much chicken as you’ll need at the time.
Healthy Chicken Recipes
There are many healthy chicken recipes that you can try. For healthy chicken recipes, you must always use fresh produce and should bake it or use air fryers for cooking rather than opting for deep-fried chicken or oily recipes.
1. Roasted Chicken Recipes
Next on the healthy chicken recipes list are roasted chicken recipes. This is the ultimate comfort food and a fantastic weekend meal. You can make roasted chicken with a vegetable base or use the recipe below.
- Whole chicken
- 1 big onion
- 1 big lemon
- 4 to 5 Garlic cloves
- Fresh herbs (sage, thyme, and rosemary)
- Black pepper
- white wine/ chicken stock (optional)
- Kitchen Twine (optional)
- Chop the garlic and cut the lemons into wedges. Spread chopped onion in a baking pan/plate and top with water, white wine, or chicken stock. Set a rack and Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Place the whole chicken on a dish. After patting it dry with a tissue, season it with salt and black pepper. Sprinkle the inside part of the chicken with salt and black pepper.
- Place the chicken on top of the onion in the baking pan. Then load the cavity with fresh herbs, lemon, and garlic. Kitchen twine is used to bind the legs together (optional).
- Roast the chicken for 25 to 30 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit. After that, turn over the chicken and spoon the delicious gravy from the bottom over it. This will aid in the coloration of the chicken. Roast it for a total of 1 to 1.5 hours, or until golden brown.
Remove the chicken and set it aside for 10-15 minutes to rest. Remove the twine, and you’re done.
2. Chinese Chicken Salad
Next on the healthy chicken recipes list is Chinese chicken salad.
Prep Time: 20-25 min
- 2 tbsp soya sauce
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp chopped garlic
- 1 tbsp chopped ginger root
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes
- 3 chicken breast
- ½ medium-sized cabbage leaves
- 1/3 cup green onions
- You can use baked chicken breast or roasted chicken for this dish. Combine the shredded chicken, cabbage, and green onions in a mixing bowl.
- Combine soy sauce, sesame oil, rice vinegar, honey, garlic, ginger roots, and red pepper flakes in a separate bowl. Pour this mixture over the chicken, cabbage, and green onion in the mixing dish and stir thoroughly.
- Refrigerate the bowl for one hour after covering it. Remove it, then thoroughly combine everything, and you’re ready to go.
For the salad, you can use roasted chicken or baked chicken. You can prepare the chicken and then use the shredded chicken for the salad.
3. Crunchy Herbed Chicken Breasts
Next on the healthy chicken recipes list is Crunchy herbed chicken breasts.
- Few Roasted cherry tomatoes
- 2 tbsp parsley leaves
- 1 chopped garlic clove
- Black pepper
- 3 to 4 white bread slices
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 170 g chicken breast
- 1 tbsp minced basil
- Olive oil
- 4 teaspoons yellow mustard
- Prepare the oven by preheating it to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a mixer grinder, blend the bread, salt, parsley, pepper, and garlic until crumbs form. To the coarse mixture, add some oil.
- Spread it on a dish. Apply mustard to the chicken and then gently set a piece of chicken on the baking sheet after dipping it into the mixture—Bake the chicken for 15 to 20 minutes, or until golden brown.
4. Grilled Chicken Recipes
Next on the healthy chicken recipes list are grilled chicken recipes. You can pair grilled chicken along with some zucchini noodles. This grilled chicken recipe is full of flavor and tenderness, and it’s one of the best grilled chicken dinner recipes for weight reduction. This chicken is roasted on an electric grill with a tandoori marinade.
- 500g Chicken breast
- ¼ tsp Turmeric
- 1 tsp chili powder
- ½ tsp cumin powder
- ¼ tsp garam masala
- ½ tsp Ginger garlic paste
- 3 tsp yogurt
- In a bowl, make small cuts on the top of the chicken breast.
- Toss the chicken with turmeric, chili powder, cumin powder, garam masala, salt, ginger-garlic paste, and yogurt. Plan, prepare the mixture and refrigerate it for two hours.
- Then, spread some butter on both sides of the electric grill. Place the chicken on the grill for 8 to 10 minutes on each side. Check periodically to see whether the chicken has been stuck on the grill.
- When the chicken is golden brown, remove it from the grill and serve it on a plate.
This recipe could be a great option to eat healthily. If you want you can serve it with zucchini noodles or can have it with salad.
5. Healthy Baked Chicken Breast
Next on the healthy chicken recipes list is healthy baked chicken recipes. It’s juicy, tender, and has a fantastic flavor. This chicken dish can be prepared using an air fryer or baked.
Prep Time: 10-15 min
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp garlic
- 1 tsp black pepper powder
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Parsley leaves
Preparation for Baked Version
- Place the chicken breast on a board and try to level out the thicker area of the chicken breast with a rolling pin.
- Combine the paprika, oregano, salt, chili powder, black pepper powder, and crushed garlic in a small mixing bowl.
- Place the chicken breast on a baking tray brushed with olive oil. Rub olive oil over the chicken, then mix it well with the seasoning mixture. Both sides should be rubbed thoroughly.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F and bake the chicken for 20-25 minutes. Cook for another 4-5 minutes after flipping the chicken breast. Then take it out and wrap it in foil paper for 10-15 minutes. Remove the foil and sprinkle in some parsley leaves.
Alternative Using Air Fryer
The same recipe can be prepared in an air fryer.
- Using the same method, combine the chicken breast, olive oil, and spice.
- Preheat the air fryer to 375 degrees Fahrenheit (190 degrees Celsius). It can take up to 3 minutes for the air fryer to heat up. The chicken should then be placed in the air fryer and cooked for 5 to 6 minutes.
- Flip the chicken after removing the air fryer basket. Cook for an additional 3-7 minutes. In an air fryer, smaller chicken breasts require 7 to 8 minutes to cook, while larger ones need 14 to 16 minutes. Keep an eye on the chicken, and don’t overcook it.
Serve it on a dish, slice it, and you’re ready to eat.
6. Chicken and Veggies Stir Fry
Next on the healthy chicken recipes list is Chicken and Veggies Stir Fry. This Chicken recipe, along with fresh veggies, makes it a great healthy meal. Its nourishing ingredients will make a perfect dinner.
Prep Time: 20-25 mins
Total time: 30-35 mins
- Chicken 2 cups
- Mushroom 1 cup
- Broccoli 2 cup
- Ginger 1 tbsp
- Garlic 3 cloves
- Sesame oil 2 tsp
- Soya sauce 1/3 cup
- Chicken Broth 1 cup
- Flour 1/4 cup
- Heat some oil in a pan. Once the oil is hot, add the chicken and season it with salt and pepper. It should be well-sautéed until it becomes a light brown color. Place it on a plate.
- Add some oil to the pan and when it’s hot, add the mushrooms. Fry it for a few minutes. Mix in the broccoli thoroughly. Then transfer it to another plate.
- Pour some oil into the pan, then add the ginger, garlic, sesame oil, soya sauce, brown sugar, chicken broth, and flour. If you mix it thoroughly, it will develop a creamy texture.
- After that, put the cooked chicken and veggies into the pan. Mix it well and then remove it from the heat and serve it.
7. Hassel Back Chicken Recipes
Next on the healthy chicken recipes list is hassel’s back chicken recipes.
Prep Time: 20-25 mins
Total Time Taken: 50-55 mins
- 50 g – Spinach
- 50g – Ricotta
- 2 large – boneless chicken breasts
- Toss the spinach with the ricotta in a nonstick pan, mix well and keep it aside.
- Place the chicken breast on a chopping board and make a slit on the chicken with a knife. After that, fill in the gap with the spinach and ricotta mixture. Similarly, prepare a second chicken breast according to the exact instructions.
- Mix the chicken breasts with salt and pepper. Then add some cheddar and paprika. After that, bake the chicken breasts at 200 degrees Celsius for 25 to 30 minutes.
Serve it on a dish, and you’re baked chicken breast is all set to eat.
8. Chicken Burgers
Next on the healthy chicken recipes list is chicken burgers. A healthy diet can make it challenging to enjoy childhood favorites, like chicken burgers. Here is a recipe for healthy chicken burgers.
- 250g minced chicken
- 1 tsp garlic paste
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp Italian seasoning
- ¼ cup red onion
- 2 tbsp coriander leaves
- 1 tbsp green chilies
- yogurt spread
- Burger buns
- lettuce leaves
- Tomato slices
- Place the minced chicken in a mixing bowl. Add garlic paste, black pepper, Italian seasoning, salt, red onion, coriander leaves, and green chilies after that. Mix everything up thoroughly.
- Form a ball out of the mixture and press it into patties with your palms.
- Pour some oil into a nonstick pan and add the patties. On both sides, shallow fried it.
- Take the burger buns and place them on a plate. Spread the yogurt spread on both buns, then add the patties, lettuce, and tomato slices before closing the sandwich. (If you want, you can use BBQ sauce instead of yogurt spread).
Your delectable and healthy burger is ready.
9. Grilled Chicken Salad
Next on the healthy chicken recipes list is grilled chicken salad. Grilled chicken salad is ideal for times you don’t want to go to cooking but yet want to eat something nutritious. This Grilled Chicken Salad is an excellent alternative for people searching for a healthy and simple dinner option.
Prep time: 15-20 Mins
- Two Large skinless chicken breasts
- One teaspoon Garlic
- One cup lettuce
- One chopped tomato
- Half a teaspoon of fresh ginger
- One Tablespoon of lemon juice
- One onion
- One cucumber
- One capsicum
- Two teaspoons of black pepper
- Half a teaspoon of cumin powder
- One teaspoon of chili powder
- Three tablespoons of boiled corn
- One tablespoon of black olives
- Two chopped dates
- Coriander leaves
- Mint Leaves
- One-fourth teaspoon of turmeric powder
- One teaspoon of coriander powder
- Two teaspoons of olive oil
- Half a teaspoon of red chili flakes
- Half teaspoon oregano
- Two or three Almonds
- Green pepper sauce
- Place the chicken breasts on a plate. Both sides of the chicken should be prickled with a fork.
- Arrange the tender chicken breast on a platter and toss it with lime juice, crushed garlic, ginger, salt, black pepper, cumin powder, chili powder, turmeric powder, red chili flakes, oregano, olive oil, and coriander powder.
- Cover this plate with clear wrap and set it aside for one hour.
- Combine lettuce, cucumber, tomato, onion, capsicum, corn, olives, green chilies, coriander leaves, mint leaves, dates, lemon juice, olive oil, green pepper sauce, salt, and black pepper powder in a separate bowl. Mix thoroughly.
- Brush some oil into a grilling pan. Add the chicken breasts to the hot oil and cook for four to five minutes on both sides.
- Arrange the chicken on a cutting board and cut it diagonally. Place the salad on a platter and then top it with the sliced chicken. Add some coriander leaves as a finishing touch.
10. Sour Cream and Lemon Twist Chicken Thighs
Next on the healthy chicken recipes list are garlic lemony twist chicken thighs and sour cream. You can use this healthy chicken for your salad sandwich or can consume it for your dinner.
- 2-3 garlic
- 1 big lemon
- Fresh herbs
- Olive oil
- Pepper powder
- 4 Tablespoon Sour cream
- 2 Skinless chicken thighs
- Grate one garlic clove and some lemon peel into a plate, then add herbs of your preference.
- Mix in some olive oil, salt, and pepper powder. Place the chicken thighs on the platter and toss them in the batter well.
- Grate some garlic and combine it with fresh herbs, lemon juice, and pepper in a mixing dish. Add 4 spoons of sour cream and whisk the mixture thoroughly with a hand whisker. Then season with salt. The dip with garlic and sour cream is ready.
- Toss the chicken with a quarter cup of sour cream and toss thoroughly. The mixture should be kept aside for one whole day (24 hours).
- Heat some oil in one skillet and fry the chicken. Your tasty chicken recipe is ready.
10.1. Homemade Sour Cream
Sour cream can be made at home. Pour some cream into a jar, then add some fresh lemon juice and stir thoroughly. Fill the jar halfway with milk and close the jar tightly. Seal it tightly and shake it vigorously to thoroughly combine the components. Open the lid and place a piece of kitchen paper or a kitchen towel on the jar.
Seal the kitchen paper around the jar opening with a rubber band. Allow it to sit at room temperature for 24 hours. As a result, the mixture will become sour and thick. Don’t put it in a hot area. After 24 hours, the mixture will separate, with the liquid portion settling to the bottom and the thicker portion on the top.
Healthy chicken recipes are versatile, tasty, and can deliver many advantages. It is made up of a variety of minerals and vitamins. A 100 g chicken can provide 190 kcal of energy and other nutrients such as iron, zinc, calcium, sodium, water, protein, fat, and many others. Here are some of the easy and delicious chicken recipes. Here are some easy and delicious chicken recipes that pair perfectly with noodles, rice, and others.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What Are Some Nutritious Marinades for Chicken?
Simple marinades made with olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, and herbs, spicier concoctions made with chili powder, cumin, and paprika, or sweeter concoctions made with honey and mustard are all examples of healthy chicken marinades. It’s crucial to pick marinades free of harmful fats and added sugar.
2. Can I Cook Fried Chicken that Is Healthy?
Indeed, you can produce healthy fried chicken by “oven frying,” a culinary method. For this, breadcrumbs or a flour and spice mixture are used to cover the chicken, which is then baked until crispy. With less oil and calories, this technique produces chicken with a texture that is comparable to that of regular fried chicken.
3. What Are Some Recipes for Healthy Chicken Salad?
Some ideas for healthy chicken salad include the traditional Waldorf salad with apples, grapes, and walnuts, a Southwestern salad with black beans, maize, and avocado, and a Mediterranean-inspired salad with tomatoes, cucumbers, olives, and feta cheese. Use a mild dressing on the salads and stay away from adding too much cheese or croutons to maintain their nutritional value.
Click here to read more with us.