Are you looking for mung bean recipes for some impressive health benefits? There are so many benefits that can be claimed by trying some delicious mung bean recipes.
This article will help you learn some astounding mung bean recipes.
1. Mung Bean Dal
Ingredients Required: Mung bean, vegetable stock or water, salt, black pepper, curry powder, garlic powder, onion powder, and spinach
- Then add half a cup of dry mung beans to a slow cooker.
- Then add half a teaspoon of onion powder to your cooker.
- Then add one-fourth teaspoon of garlic powder.
- Make sure you add onion and garlic powder in an appropriate manner to avoid the prevailing flavors of each ingredient.
- Then spice up your mung bean recipe by adding 2 teaspoons of curry powder.
- Then add half a teaspoon of salt into it. You can also adjust the amount of salt as per requirement.
- Then mix all the ingredients well in the cooker.
- Then close the lid of your cooker and let it cook.
- Then after you open the lid of the cooker before serving the mung dal add 1 pinch into it.
- And then mix it well and let the spinach get soften by the vapor and heat of the food
- Then serve this amzing mung dal recipe on a plate and enjoy a healthy plant-based mung dal. Also, try not to skip adding onion garlic flavors.
Read more about 6 essential oils for sinus infection
2. Mung Bean Soup
Ingredients: Mung beans, water, ginger, coriander powder, cinnamon stick, curry leaves, turmeric, lime juice, and coconut sugar
- Start making your mung bean soup by soaking it for 2-3 hours prior to your cooking.
- And the quantity of mung bean should be 2 cups soaked into 2-3 cups of water
- Then shift your mung beans in a container. You can take any container you think fits for making mung bean recipes for soups.
- Then add five cups of freshwater into mung beans.
- Then heat the large pot or whichever container you are taking and bring to a boil.
- You should boil your beans for 15 minutes and can also extend them to 20 minutes as per the quantity.
- Then after the dried beans are boiled. Take them separately in another large pot or another container.
- Then add a few cups of water as per requirement.
- Then add grated ginger to your soup. Try to use fresh ginger for making great recipes.
- Then add 1 cinnamon stick into it.
- Then add 6-7 curry leaves to your beans.
- Then add salt, coriander powder, turmeric, and any other spices if you wish to add to your mung beans detox soup.
- Then let all the ingredients cooked properly for 25-30 minutes.
- Now after the food is completely cooked add coconut sugar to it.
- And then the lasts is to add lime juice as per requirement.
- Then let it cook for more than 2-3 minutes and your food is ready to serve in a bowl.
3. Mung Bean Curry
Ingredients required: Mung beans, water, ginger, garlic, tomatoes, chilies, coriander leaves and Cooking oil, Turmeric, cumin powder, hing (asafoetida), curry leaves, dry red chilly, and salt.
- Take a large pot then add 1 cup of mung beans (washed) into 4 cups of water.
- Then turn the flame to low and after a few minutes, the mung will start splitting.
- Then add a little more water to it.
- Then add1 tablespoon of salt and let it cook for more20-25 minutes.
- Then heat another pan and add 1tablepsoon of oil to it.
- Then add 1 dry chilly into the heated pan.
- Then add 2-3 curry leaves to the pan.
- Then add ginger and garlic finely chopped into your pan.
- Then add green chilies and turmeric to it.
- Then give a final touch by adding coriander leaves chopped into small pieces.
- Fry all these ingredients for 3-5 minutes.
- And then you may add chopped tomatoes (1 whole) into your pan.
- Then continue cooking till it gets soften properly.
- Then these to your cooked mung beans and stir properly to mix each ingredient.
- Let it cook for 3-5 minutes more and enjoy one of the most delicious yet healthy mung bean recipes.
Read more about mung beans benefits
4. Mung Sprout Curry
Ingredients required: Sprouted mung beans, Tomato puree, Red onion, asafoetida, cumin, ginger, mustard oil, water, salt, green chilies, and mustard seeds.
- Take a cooker and add 1 cup sprouted mung beans into it.
- Then add half a tablespoon of salt into it.
- Then add 2cups of water into the cooker.
- Then cover the lid and wait till two whistles for the mung to cook.
- Then take another pan and add 1 tablespoon of mustard oil to heat.
- Put the flame in medium heat and then add one pinch of asafoetida.
- Then add half a tablespoon of cumin and mustard seeds into the pan.
- Then add 1-3 chopped green chilies to it.
- And 1-2 inch grated ginger into it.
- Then add onion and stir it for 2-3 minutes till the onion leaves the water.
- Then add tomato puree to it.
- Then add coriander powder (1 teaspoon) and turmeric powder (1 teaspoon).
- Add half teaspoon red chilly powder into it.
- Then mix all the ingredients and cook for more than 3-5 minutes.
- Then add water into it as per requirement and wait for 2-3 boils.
- Then add your cooked beans into it and mix them well.
- You can also add garam masala (half teaspoon ) and amchur (dry mango powder) to it.
- Then cook it for 5-7 minutes more on medium flame.
- Then serve on a plate and enjoy one of the healthiest mung bean recipes.
Read more about the juice cleanse benefits
Benefits Of Mung Bean Recipes
Mung beans are great sources of vitamins that your body needs on a daily basis.
In a study published by Nutrients (NCBI) in 2019, black mung beans are also rich in antioxidants.
If you take mung beans on a daily basis then it will help in reducing bad cholesterol (LDL), according to a report published by Nutrients (NCBI), 2018.
Mung beans can do magic in reducing blood pressure levels a these are rich in magnesium, potassium, and good fibers.
Mung Bean Recipes
Mung bean recipes can add so many amazing benefits to your physical and mental health. These mung bean recipes can also contribute to detoxifying your body.
Go ahead! and try these mung bean recipes for claiming a healthy and happy life.
Click here to check out more articles like this
Any information found on the site does not constitute legal or medical advice. Should you face health issues, please visit your doctor to get yourself diagnosed. Icy Health offers expert opinions and advice for informational purposes only. This is not a substitute for professional medical advice.