This article is all about some of the amazing beetroot powder benefits. Beetroot powder is the powder form of beetroot. It has many health benefits but before we talk about it in detail, let’s see what beets are.
We generally see that veggies with lots of health benefits are not good in taste. To prove this sentence wrong, let’s recall a vegetable that tastes good and has lots of health benefits. It’s beets. Beets have many benefits. Eating beets helps to keep our blood pressure in check.
Consuming 500ml of beetroot juice daily can reduce the risk of heart attacks.
It contains pigments called betalains which have a balanced number of anti-inflammatory properties. It has lots of other nutrients like- Vitamin C, Vitamin B6, Iron, etc.
Beetroot Powder Benefits: Top 10 Best Benefits
A study says that dietary nitrate, a compound present in beetroot, maintains the blood flow by dilating blood vessels to decrease blood pressure.
1. How to Eat Beetroot?
Beetroot is the taproot portion of the beet plant. It is a delicate vegetable that contains anti-oxidants.
It can be eaten in many forms. You can eat them as salads, use them to garnish soups. But beets are usually boiled, roasted, steamed, and maybe cut into thin slices too.
You can drink beetroot juice, which will help you lower your blood pressure within one hour of drinking it. You can also drink beetroot soup and add your favorite flavors to it by adding your favorite ingredients.
You can also prepare beetroot milkshake and cinnamon and vanilla ice-cream, which will make you fall in love again with this healthy veggie.
2. Facts About Beetroots
- It makes you feel better! It has betaine which relaxes our mind and is also used to treat depression.
- You can use it in case you lost your litmus paper. Yes, you can use beetroot juice to test if a substance is an acid or base.
- It can be used as a natural red hair-dye.
- It may help you get rid of your hangover.!
- Beets are aphrodisiac. Scientists have found that beets have high amounts of boron which helps to create human sex hormones.
- Albert Einstein hated beets!
- Earlier in America, beets were used to create pink cake frosting. (Healthy, Beautiful, and Tasty!)
- Beets have the highest sugar content among all the other vegetables.
3. Beetroot Powder Benefits
Beetroot powder is a powdered form of beetroot. It is used in treating ailments like fatty liver as well as some other liver ailments. Beetroot powder is packed with many nutrients and very few calories which can help your body work efficiently.
You can check some best beetroot powder brands here. Now let’s take a look at the health benefits of beetroot powder.
1. Beetroot Powder Benefits: It has many nutrients
Beetroot powder is loaded with different nutrients like- vitamin C, which boosts the immune system and helps the body fights against diseases; Vitamin A, which keeps our skin healthy and also helps in maintaining a healthy vision.
Iron helps in circulating oxygen throughout the body and fights against anemia. It also has nutrients- magnesium, potassium, folate, manganese, calcium.
2. Beetroot Powder Benefits: It improves liver functions
We know that what is the contribution of the liver in keeping us healthy. Beetroots have a kind of amino acid known as betaine, which helps remove fat buildup in the liver. Beetroots help in maintaining a healthy liver.
3. Beetroot Powder Benefits: Keeps the Heart Healthy
High blood pressure can increase the risk of heart attack and other heart-related diseases, so it’s necessary to keep it in check. Beetroot comes to your rescue here. It helps in maintaining perfect blood pressure and decreases the risk of heart attacks.
4. Beetroot Powder Benefits: Helps in losing weight
Are you worried about your weight? Then you can stop worrying now because beetroot powder is your savior.
Yes, it helps in losing weight! It has fibers, which means it will keep your digestive tract moving along so that you can get the nutrients you need. Fiber also keeps your stomach full for a longer duration, which means it will keep a check on your cravings.
5. Beetroot Powder Benefits: It helps in improving digestive health
It has cellulose that helps in detoxifying the stomach.
6. Beetroot Powder Benefits: Improves Athletic Performance
Today, if you go to the market, you’ll see many options for energy drinks that claim to give practically impossible results. In addition to this, they may have side- effects and complications. Beetroot powder is a natural supplement with zero side- effects, the only condition being- you are not allergic to it.
7. Beetroot Powder Benefits: Erectile Dysfunction Treatment
Erectile Dysfunction, commonly known as ED, is one of the most common sexual problems in men. Heart-related diseases are one of the main causes of ED. Beetroot helps tackle heart-related ailments. The presence of nitrates in beetroot powder helps prevent ED.
8. Beetroot Powder Benefits: It fights inflammation
Beetroot powder has anti-inflammatory properties. It contains betalains which help tackle inflammation.
9. Beetroot Powder Benefits: It may help prevent cancer
A study claims that beetroot can help decrease the risk of tumors.
10. Beetroot Powder Benefits: Boosts the brain
Our brain needs a lot of oxygen for its proper functioning. Beetroot powder has nitrates which help in maintaining the oxygen concentration of our body. So, when the brain gets the sufficient amount of oxygen, it functions properly and improves our memory.
4. Side Effects of Beetroot
Beetroots have many health benefits, but we cannot ignore their side effects. So here are some side effects of beetroot you should know for attaining a healthy body.
- Excessive consumption of beetroot may result in red or pink urine. This situation is known as beeturia.
- In case you are allergic to beetroot, it can cause rashes, itchiness, hives, and fever adecreaseetroots help decrease blood pressure. Still, if you already your blood pressure, you may experience a certain dip in your blood pressure.
- I am the vegetable that has the highest sugar content when compared to other vegetables. If you have an unstable blood-sugar level, then it is advised that you should avoid beets. They have a moderately high glycemic index.
- It contains betaine, which may affect the fetus and the expecting mothers. Please avoid beets during pregnancy.
- It is beneficial for liver but that doesn’t mean it cannot affect the liver negatively. Beets are rich in metals like copper, iron, magnesium, and phosphorus. In case of excessive consumption of beets, these metals can accumulate in the liver. This can harm the liver as well as the pancreas.
It can be concluded that the beetroot powder benefits also come with some side effects. Hence, we should always be careful.
Any information found on the site does not constitute legal or medical advice. Should you face health issues, please visit your doctor to get yourself diagnosed. Icy Health offers expert opinions and advice for informational purposes only. This is not a substitute for professional medical advice.