Are you also suffering from wisdom teeth pain? If yes, then you have come to the right spot. Today, we’ll be jumping on some ethnic and useful home remedies for wisdom tooth pain in this guide. So, what are you waiting for?
Let the curiosity start!
Many people experience or will experience the onset of their third molars or wisdom teeth coming in during their late teen years or in their early twenties.
Wisdom Teeth Pain Symptoms
If you have pain, swelling, difficulty in opening your mouth, and other problems at the backside of your mouth, you may be experiencing symptoms associated with your wisdom tooth coming in.
Some of the common symptoms that you may notice may include:
- You’ll feel pain at the rear of your mouth, behind your molars.
- If you face a mirror, you may even notice that your wisdom teeth have started to jab through your gums.
- The region may likewise be swollen, red, inflamed, and delicate to the touch.
- A few people may not have any obvious symptoms related to the wisdom tooth.
Oral pain can have various other causes besides wisdom tooth problems. These problems may include:
- Tooth decay
- Cracks or soreness
- Messed up or harmed filling
- Daily teeth brushing
- Gum disease
Regardless of the reason, however, you should visit your dentist at the earliest to get your oral cavity examined.
Let’s get started!
Top 4 Home Remedies for Wisdom Tooth Pain
So, to get rid of pain without any side effects or caution, let us know some of the advantageous and useful home remedies for wisdom tooth pain. Here are some pain relievers tricks you can afford easily.
1. Clove/ Clove oil
Cloves are one of the best home remedies for wisdom tooth pain that contains an ingredient called eugenol, which can go about as a desensitizing specialist and may likewise reduce swelling and help relieve your pain.
To get a permanent solution on the affected area, either you can chew clove from the painful side of your teeth and keep them for hours, or you can moisten a cotton ball with clove oil and place the cotton ball on the affected tooth.
Allow the cotton ball to sit for 5-15 minutes before eliminating and discarding.
The one and only remedy to all problems. Whether it’s a wound or any other pain, turmeric plays a very vital role in curing the area. Turmeric is frequently recommended as a top home remedy for wisdom tooth pain.
It is accepted to have pain-relieving and calming properties; thus, it might help decrease wisdom tooth pain. An application of turmeric powder on inflamed gums can provide pain relief.
A paste of your toothpaste and turmeric can be prepared and rubbed around the wisdom tooth, and after letting it sit for a few minutes, it can be rinsed out of the mouth.
The most widely recognized cure you can attempt is headache medicine. Aspirin is also emerging as one of the recommendable home remedies for wisdom tooth pain.
When you feel pain, you can usually take an ibuprofen or any over-the-counter pain-relieving medication. The medicine not only helps in relieving your toothache but also provides relief from headaches caused due to wisdom tooth problems.
It is recommended to take these medications only after consulting your dentist. The dentist will tell you to take these medicines after your food.
4. Salt & Water
Another home solution for wisdom tooth pain is salt. It provides pain relief, and at the same time prevents the contamination of harmful bacteria in the mouth. It can be taken in the following ways:
- Blend 1 teaspoon of salt in some warm water. Saltwater has a purifying impact that fights bacterial contamination. Wash for mouth for 30 seconds using this solution one to two times each day. This can likewise help relieve wisdom tooth pain. However, this home remedy will only provide temporary pain relief and it is best to get treated by your dentist at the earliest.
- Blend equivalent measures of salt and pepper with a couple of drops of water to form a paste. Apply this paste on the affected tooth and allow it to sit for a couple of minutes two or more times a day, till you get relief from pain.
Your wisdom tooth needs extra and cautious consideration. The above-mentioned home remedies for wisdom tooth pain can only provide you with temporary pain relief.
Although not all people will have the same symptoms, or the same severity of pain associated with the wisdom tooth, it is best to visit your dentist to provide you with the correct guidance and a permanent treatment plan for your wisdom tooth pain.
Some dentists may recommend extraction of the wisdom tooth by the oral surgeon rather than retaining the tooth to provide immediate relief from pain.
Wisdom teeth can take as long as a quarter of a year to erupt from your gum line completely. So, not all wisdom teeth come in immediately, and you may encounter wisdom tooth pain intermittently with varying degrees of severity.
Whether you can smile and bear it or your dental specialist suggests extraction, it takes an expert assessment to help you see how to best arrange your third molars.
Smile with no pain!
- Your wisdom teeth usually erupt (grow in) between the ages of 17 and 25. Keep in mind, though, that if you have wisdom teeth that are fully impacted in your gums or jawbone, you might not see them when you look in your mouth.
- The pain caused by emerging wisdom teeth often lasts seven to ten days but can continue for a year or even several years as the teeth fully emerge. Complications like impacted wisdom teeth can cause chronic pain and dental issues such as misalignment, cysts, gum disease, and tooth decay
- Wisdom teeth erupting on the upper jaw could cause issues with the sinuses. This is because the roots of the wisdom teeth sometimes develop and grow up against the sinus cavity, causing immense pressure and pain.
Dr. Foram Bhuta