Did you ever lose weight just being religious? 21-Day Daniel fast is a religious partial, intermittent fasting practice that brings a lot of difference in our daily routine.
The only stuff we prefer pleasanter than speaking about food is eating it. And it is quite evident that our belly rules the mind. So, dumping food throughout the day will never set you fit; instead, holding your tummy fast will do it.
But how long do we fast? What foods do we prefer in a fast? Let us learn 21-Day Daniel fast for a better understanding.
21-Day Daniel Fast, An Effective Method to Lose Weight
Fasting is a restriction or limitation of foods that we regularly consume, but the 21-Day Daniel Fast is a diverse fasting approach regulating what to eat, not when to eat. This fast is based on the proper plant-based diet experiences of Jewish hero Daniel taken from the Biblical Book of Daniel.
The main motto of this 21-Day Daniel Fast is to make people avoid supreme food, no meat or wine, sweets, etc., and follow a vegan diet. Going back to history, Daniel, a prophet, has been transported to the Chaldean capital to learn Chaldean’s literature in BC’s era.
The king, Nebuchadnezzar, proffered him some royal choice food, including meat and wine. Prophet Daniel chose not to consume any supreme foods, as those foods are reasonably offered as rituals to the Babylonian god Marduk, and requested fruits, vegetables, and water.
He has been provided with the requirements that he asked for ten days. After ten days, guards were startled to see their appearance and their bodily and psychic health. Later, he continued the mourning for three weeks of eating plan with the same menu in his training; he was judged and considered intellectually excellent than the other councilors by the king.
In the modern era, this practice of 21-Day Daniel fast has been a spiritual weight-loss fast. People in the United Nations are more commonly habituated to make resolutions for the New Year.
For extensive learning, check here.
Let us see what foods do this 21-Day Daniel Diet includes. This diet holds those foods that are entirely plant-based, whole foods, and lightly processed foods.
Fruits that are low-glycemic, fresh, frozen, and organic are highly preferred. Fruits that are dried, juiced, and canned are also included.
Here is a list of fruits that can be considered, Apples, Bananas, Blueberries, Cherries, Coconuts, Dates, Figs, Grapes, Guava, Melons, Kiwi, Lemons, Mangoes, Oranges, Papayas, Pineapples, Pears, Peaches, Raisins, Strawberries, Watermelon.
The only thing to be remembered is, these fruits can be taken when there is no combined sugar, color, or preservatives.
All vegetables that are fresh, frozen, juiced, and canned are allowed. These can only be included when there is no addition of salt.
Since vegetables are a strong source of various vitamins like vitamin A, vitamin C, nutrients including potassium, dietary fiber, iron, calcium, and a lot more, they have been a part of the 21-Day Daniel fast.
Let us have a look at the vegetables that embed in the diet plan. Asparagus, Broccoli, Cabbage, Carrots, Corn, Kale, Lettuce, Beets, Mushrooms, Okra, Parsley, Potatoes, Radishes, Spinach, Squash, Tomatoes, Turnips, and many more fall under this category.
21-Day Daniel Fast does not include all the liquids for the intake. A few like, water that is either spring, distilled, or filtered are pleasing, fresh-pressed vegetable juices, coconut milk, coconut Kefir, almond milk, and fruit juices.
No beverage should be overtaken, everything to be taken in a limit.
Organic preferrable legumes such as black beans, black-eyed peas, kidney beans, lentils, mung beans, pinto beans, cannellini beans, chickpeas, peanuts, and split peas are recommended.
The legumes are generally poor contenders of fat, cholesterol, and heavy folate sources, potassium, iron, and magnesium. These are an excellent replacement for meat. The addition of salt is to be avoided while you consume it in a 21-Day Daniel Fast.
5. Nuts and Seeds:
All the nuts and seeds that are organic, raw, and unsalted can be eaten with no doubt. Sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, flax seeds, chia seeds, sesame seeds, poppy seeds come under the seeds section.
Almonds, cashews, walnuts, brazil nuts, hazelnuts, macadamia nuts, pistachios, soy nuts are incorporated in this 21-Day Daniel fast.
6. Whole Grains:
Whole grains are a power pack of several nutrients, proteins, fiber, antioxidants, minerals such as iron, zinc, copper, and magnesium.
Amaranth, barley, brown rice, millet, quinoa, oats, whole grain pasta, and whole wheat can be consumed.
The bread that embedded yeast is not allowed, and whole-grain bread with zero yeast is considered.
Foods that are restricted in 21-Day Daniel Fast are here,
1. Eggs and Meat:
Animal products like bacon, chicken, lamb, and any meat products are to be avoided. Fish, eggs are not to be included in the 21-Day Daniel Fast.
2. Energy Drinks:
Drinks like alcohol, coffee, caffeinated tea, and all the energy drinks are strictly excluded from the diet.
Only water and beverages recommended above are permitted. Since all the energy drinks contain carbonated water, sugars, and caffeine, they break the diet and are prohibited.
In this diet of 21-Day Daniel Fast, the only source of sweet is fruits, and no other artificial sugars like dark chocolate, milk chocolates, cacao, chocolate syrup maple syrups, honey, raw sugar, and cane juice are encouraged.
Chocolates are the most addictive foods, and the consumption of chocolates is similar to consuming cocaine.
The effects of it add a lot of unwellness like regular headaches, which decide our mood swings. Dates are the best replacement for added sugars.
4. Deep-Fried Foods:
These deep-fried foods are excluded in 21-Day Daniel Fast due to their natural presence of abundant trans fats.
Taking these deep-fried foods lets you gain weight and causes a kind of uneasiness over the esophagus. They are the source of obesity, heart diseases, diabetics, cancer.
5. Dairy Products:
Dairy products such as butter, cheese, cream, milk, and yogurt are high contenders of protein yet rich in saturated fat.
If you wanted to include protein-rich food in your menu, make sure you go with leafy vegetables instead of healthy milk products and are recommended in this diet.
You can include non-dairy milk in your 21-Day Daniel Fast.
6. Processed Foods:
The main aim of this 21-Day Daniel Fast is to encourage the intake of vegetables, whole, unprocessed foods and avoid processed packings such as pizzas, burgers, fries, frozen products.
These prepared foods capture and arrest the essential nutrients in the processing and give you a very minute quantity of required minerals or energy bites.
Benefits of 21-Day Daniel Fast:
- Burning of Body Fat: This period of 21 days will surely show a huge variation in your body shape, reducing the unwanted fat that has been stored in various parts of your body. The foods that we take in this diet are rich in burning fat. So, there happens a massive change in our body.
- Enhances peace of mind: Fasting is generally a natural discipline that sets a new body shape goals and brings a drastic change in our state of mind. There builds positive energy throughout the day and improves our working.
- Improves physical health: It is not always we eat and grow, but sometimes, it is like, we fast and fly. Fasting is technically giving a break to the working of the digestive tract. Once we stop eating much, our digestive system gets an opportunity to sort the rest of the things in our body. It nullifies the issues and provides the extra energy in restoring the body’s needs.
- Mental benefits: 21-Day Daniel Fast can keep you out of stress and impatience, creating peace and shalom. It induces mental stability, decreasing brain fog, and frees you from negative thoughts. As we start being in a spiritual zone, we get rid of negativity promoting positive energy.
- Physical benefits: One of the main benefits that 21-Day Daniel Fast can make physically is to lose weight, which is mentioned above. Few other advantages are, it helps you crack the obsession with sugar, repairs skin wellness, maintains healthy digestion and rejection, strengthens hormonal balance, aids body detoxification.
- Spiritual benefits: To all those hyper devotional people, 21-Day Daniel Fast takes you close to God, makes you extra receptive to God’s call, and more importantly, it tames bad habits and additions.
Though Daniel Fast is quite helpful, it even had a few disadvantages too. They are very minute imperfections yet bring positivity in the end.
- The decrease in blood sugar levels: The surveys and studies reported that people had these sugar levels down during 21-Day Daniel Fast. But, by the end, levels were reported to be normal.
- Unpleasant symptoms: It is said that by the end of 21-Day Daniel Fast, people were victims of repulsive symptoms like body aches, headaches, digestive distress, nausea, and fatigue. But this stays for the first few weeks of the diet, and later our body gets adjusted to the daily routine.
So to avoid such symptoms, we should take some measures like drinking too much water, daily exercise, and intaking digestive enzymes.
Considering all the benefits that 21-Day Daniel Fast possesses, it is considered the best for our spirit and body as well. Click here for a related article.
Any information found on the site does not constitute legal or medical advice. Should you face health issues, please visit your doctor to get yourself diagnosed. Icy Health offers expert opinions and advice for informational purposes only. This is not a substitute for professional medical advice.