Is your earache costing you a day? The pain can be highly irritating, but this can be cured easily with some proven essential oils. Essential oil for earache is a natural home remedy that can leave your ears with a soothing effect and better than home remedies.
Essential oils are the concentrated form of a natural extract derived from different parts of the plant. They are the oils extracted from different parts of the plants through steaming.
There is a wide range of essential oil from plant species worldwide, and most of them have great medical properties. Some of them are anti-fungal, anti-microbial, and anti-bacterial properties too.
If oils can easily cure you through these natural remedies, then take antibiotics and painkillers to your children.
How To Use Essential Oil For Earache?
The best and safest way to use an essential oil is by mixing it with some carrier oil. Carrier oil can be coconut oil, olive oil, or jojoba oil. For every drop of essential oil, use one teaspoon of carrier oil.
There are several ways to apply essential oil for earache.
1. You can soak a cotton ball with the mixture of carrier oil and essential oil you want to apply. Then place it in the opening of your ear. Please do not force it deeper inside. The oil will gradually leave the cotton ball inside your ear.
2. You can also directly place a few drops of essential oil into your ear by mixing the said essential oil with some olive oil. Do this by warming the oil a little bit. Then use a dropper to put the diluted essential oil directly into your ear canal.
Tilt your face a bit so that oil can flow easily. This would allow the oil to reach into deeper parts of your ear by getting rid of ear wax but don’t use too much essential oil as it can clog your ear.
3. You can also apply the mixture of essential oil and a carrier oil to only the outer ear. It can help clean any foreign substance like bacteria or infection present there, reducing inflammation and pain.
This method will not work if the infection is in your middle ear.
Now, as we have seen the benefits and how you can use essential oil for ear infection and pain, let’s see the best and most effective oil for earache.
Best Essential Oil For Earache
Here is the list of some essential oil for the ear pain that works best.
Tea Tree Oil
This oil has been used for many medical purposes. It is because of its anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties.
Tea tree oil contains a chemical compound known as terpinene-4-ol, which helps eliminate bacteria, so it is one of the most effective essential oil for earache.
Among another best essential oil for earache is basil oil. You all must be familiar with the green leaves of basil used in cooking, but its oil is equally used to treat fungal and bacterial infections.
Research conducted proved that basil essential oil properties had great effects in curing ear infections.
Oregano oil also has anti–bacterial and anti-viral properties. Its antiviral properties are due to the presence of a component called carvacrol.
Researches have been done to reach this conclusion, but more research is necessary to find more about oregano essential oil for earache.
We all know lavender oil is famous for its calming effects on the mind and can also be used as an essential oil for earache. It has been used for ages to relieve pain and give soothing and calming effects.
Just apply a few drops of it behind your ear lobe and massage it. Click here to read more about lavender essential oil.
Garlic has a great many properties. It has been used for ages in the medical field to cure diseases. Raw garlic has been proven against many bacteria and fungus, so people have added it to their daily diet.
Because of its so many benefits, this is used as an essential oil for earache. If you want to treat an ear infection quickly and effectively, this is a must item to be present in your household.
Points to Remember While Using Essential Oils For Earache
Although essential oil is a natural extract and is supposed not to cause any side effects, you must use it cautiously as every person with different skin and problems may differ.
- The first and foremost thing that should be kept in mind while using essential oil for earache is that never forget to mix it with some carrier oil. Essential oils are powerful in their nature and can irritate if applied directly.
- Another thing is that they can be irritating even if mixed with some carrier oil. So before directly applying the oil to your ear, do a small test.
- Dilute the oil and apply it to the inner arm. This is called a patch test. If for 24 hours you don’t feel any irritation, then you are good to go.
- If you have allergies to any particular plant, then don’t use the essential oil from the said plant, and it can also be the cause of an allergy to you.
- Don’t use essential oil for oral purposes. Ingestion can be hazardous and poisonous.
- If you are using essential oil for earache, but your eardrum is ruptured, it can be quite dangerous. Consult a doctor for the course of action if something like this occurs.
- Women who are breast-feeding or are pregnant should use essential oil for earache only after taking concerning medical advice.
Essential Oil For Earache
This article covered the benefits of essential oil, how you should apply oil, and the best essential oil for earache. Try these oils if you feel pain in your ear.
They are widespread among children but also not unfamiliar to adults. Essential oils are a great form of nature, but you should always use them with caution.
Click here to read more articles like this.
Any information found on the site does not constitute legal or medical advice. Should you face health issues, please visit your doctor to get yourself diagnosed. Icy Health offers expert opinions and advice for informational purposes only. This is not a substitute for professional medical advice.