About Periodontal Disease:
Periodontitis is a gum infection caused due to poor oral hygiene, and the starting stage of this disease is known as gingivitis. If this is ignored and left untreated can lead to the loss of teeth as the bone supporting the tooth will be destroyed. The disease can be cured with proper dental treatments and medical care.
To reverse Periodontal Disease naturally, the patient must develop good oral hygiene such as brushing twice a day, flossing, and avoiding candies and sugars. These are the most natural ways of reversing gum disease. Others can include timely routine check-ups to a dentist if your teeth are prone to gum disease.
Gingivitis, the prior stage of Periodontal Disease, has symptoms like swollen, red, and bleeding gums.
Click here to explore more.
Symptoms of Periodontal Disease:
Periodontal disease includes several symptoms which can help anyone diagnose the disease. If the symptoms are treated in the initial days of the examination, it becomes easy to reverse periodontal disease naturally. The symptoms are as follows:
- Swollen or enlarged bulging gum tissue.
- Generally, our gums are light pink, but when there is a periodontitis attack, the gums turn out to be dark red or slightly purple.
- Usually, healthy gums are firm and tight, but periodontitis makes your gums soft and can also cause pain when touched.
- Bleeding gums is another symptom of periodontitis.
- Bad breath during the day, even after brushing, is a sign of dental health issues.
- The loosening of teeth while eating and brushing. This causes gaps between the teeth.
- Extreme conditions such as too much gap, much plaque, and stinky mouth odor result in tooth loss.
If the above symptoms by the patient are regularly checked and treated well, the patient will be able to reverse periodontal disease naturally.
Causes of Periodontal Disease:
As mentioned, the most common cause of periodontitis is poor dental hygiene. Other causes include bacterial infection, which leads to plaque and unhealthy habits such as smoking, improper brushing, and ignoring the symptoms. In some cases, this can be inherited as well.
Let’s discuss some plaque conditions that lead to periodontitis or gum disease in detail.
- Plaque: Plaque is a yellowish plating of bacteria that surrounds one’s teeth due to bacterial infection, which is caused due to poor dental cleanliness. Plaque is an infection that tends to re-develop if the teeth are not regularly cleaned. This plaque can gradually deteriorate the protective layer of the teeth called the enamel.
- Sugary foods: Some food items like sweeteners, candies, and starched and sticky food attract plaque-causing bacteria. To avoid developing this, you must wash your mouth thoroughly after eating and make sure that sticky candies or food items are fully washed away from your mouth.
- Gingivitis: The reddening and swollen gums and gum tissue after developing plaque is the early stage of gingivitis gum disease. If the patient follows the home remedies during the initial stage of gum disease, they will successfully reverse periodontitis.
- Tartar: If the patient suffering from plaque ignores it for a long time, it will become hard on the gum line and become tartar. The tartar cannot be removed by regular brushing and flossing, and it requires a professional dental practitioner. Tartar helps bacteria to multiply their number at the root of the teeth. Once this occurs, the gap between the root and gum widens and results in losing teeth. This also produces bad breath.
Once both tartar and gingivitis are left untreated, it turns out to be a serious stage of periodontitis which leads to the formation of pockets or spaces in between the gum line and teeth. The bacteria from there cause the decaying of gum tissue and bone. This stage ultimately makes the patient lose teeth.
The bacteria penetrate inside the body through blood vessels that result in a weaker immune system, various heart problems, and other diseases such as arthritis, diabetes, obesity, and a few other negative effects are found.
The remedies and homemade prevention methods mentioned below will help you better understand how to reverse Periodontal disease naturally. Let’s get into the easy and natural steps of how to reverse periodontal disease naturally.
How To Reverse Periodontal Disease Naturally:
The home remedies that can help both prevent and reverse Periodontal Disease naturally are as follows:
- If your oral health is not up to mark and your teeth are prone to bacterial infections, brushing twice will not work. You must opt for a habit of brushing after every meal or snack.
- Toothbrushes should be changed regularly within three months of use, and also soft, and smallmouth toothbrushes should be used.
- Develop a habit of flossing once a day. This is one of the answers to ‘how to reverse periodontal disease naturally.’
- As mentioned earlier, plaque tends to re-develop, and electronic brushes are more effective to prevent plaque and remove tartar without any dental cleaning.
- Mouth rinses or natural mouthwash are also proved to be effective in preventing plaque also. Rinsing the mouth with warm water is recommended for patients suffering from gingivitis.
- Usage of tools that are effective in cleaning between teeth, such as dental stick, interdental cleaner, dental pick, should be used by the patients to eliminate bacteria.
- Those who witness symptoms of periodontal disease must avoid smoking, chewing tobacco, sweeteners, and other mentioned food items. Patients having affected gums or suffering from gingivitis should opt for a healthy diet and take care of their oral health.
- Paying a regular visit to a dentist every six or twelve months a year will help you know the symptoms of periodontal disease; this will support you practice good oral hygiene.
- The patient must use tea tree oil on their affected gums and massage in circular motions. Tea tree oil has anti-inflammatory, antimicrobial properties and soothing powers that also prevent gingivitis.
- The practice of oil pulling with coconut oil effectively prevents gum disease and develops positive periodontal health. And coconut oil pulling cleans and keeps the gums healthy by preventing gum inflammation or gingivitis.
- Essential oil such as sesame oil and swishing oil is full of natural ingredients and helps patients reverse gingivitis. Slight oil touches the receding gums, reverses periodontitis, prevents serious damage such as tooth loss, and improves oral health.
All the above-mentioned natural remedies will not only reverse periodontitis but will also reverse gingivitis. It can be an aid to begin treatment for severe gum infection.
Check this out for more information.
If you keep a regular check on the bacteria, causes, and symptoms of the development of Periodontal Disease, one can easily reverse gum disease and prevent Periodontal Disease by following natural and easy home remedies.
Any information found on the site does not constitute legal or medical advice. Should you face health issues, please visit your doctor to get yourself diagnosed. Icy Health offers expert opinions and advice for informational purposes only. This is not a substitute for professional medical advice.