What can be better than having a refreshing, creamy yet healthy and nutritious strawberry banana smoothie on a hot summer day or after a tiring leg day? An easy-to-make strawberry banana smoothie can be your ultimate savior.
Strawberries and bananas complement each other like Netflix and chill. Strawberries and bananas blend beautifully and can give many great smoothies and shakes recipes.
Smoothies are easy to make and can be a healthy breakfast option. Making smoothies are a fun and relaxing way to start the mornings. Want to know how to make a delicious smoothie? Read the article till the end as we share everything you need to know about the smoothie, just in simple eight points.
When to have a strawberry banana smoothie?
For today’s generation, who are always on the go, smoothies are a boon. With just a handful of ingredients and a blender, the perfect energetic start to the day is ready. Adding strawberries to a regular boring banana smoothie makes it more tasty, refreshing, and healthy.
Though there is no fixed time on when to have a strawberry banana smoothie, having it during your breakfast is better. Also, you can have this smoothie after a walk or after an intense workout session at the gym as a health drink.
Have the smoothie during:
- Breakfast, with an avocado toast.
- As a protein supplement drink after gym time.
- As a refreshment drink after a sweet afternoon nap.
This strawberry banana smoothie is an intelligent way to incorporate minerals and nutrients into the diet of your younger ones. The smoothie of fresh bananas and strawberries will also be a delicious refreshment for your guests as well.
Nutritional information about strawberry banana smoothie
For the classic strawberry banana smoothie, ripe bananas and fresh strawberries make up most of its nutritional content. Fresh ripe bananas are rich in fiber, potassium, vitamin C, vitamin B6, various antioxidants, and phytonutrients. Potassium in a fresh banana is a mineral that is good for your heart and helps maintain normal blood pressure. Ripe bananas and fresh strawberries are preferred over frozen ones because of their freshness and vital organic nutrients.
Strawberries can be found in foods like jams, jellies, shakes, syrups, and smoothies. Fresh strawberries are a great source of manganese, folate, vitamin C, and potassium.
Milk, as such, is a reservoir of various vitamins and minerals like calcium, proteins, carbs, and saturated fat.
Greek yogurt is excellent for bone and gut health because it is rich in minerals like selenium and zinc, which are necessary for maintaining the body’s immune system. Greek yogurt is protein-rich and, thus, helps in overall muscle growth and development. It is also available in different flavors, making the smoothie more interesting.
If you are worried about the calorie count of the strawberry banana smoothie, here is a brief answer to it. Usually, the smoothie is typically between 150 to 250 calories per 6-8 ounce serving. The calorie count will differ depending on the number of products and ingredients used.
Therefore, the strawberry banana smoothie not only tastes better than a basic banana smoothie but also has high nutritional benefits. And don’t we love when healthy food tastes good!
What are the ingredients for the strawberry banana smoothie?
The easy strawberry banana smoothie recipe takes only some simple ingredients and is one of the easiest breakfast recipes. The ingredients for the smoothie are easy to find and have affordable prices. You can customize the smoothie as per your preference and the need of your body.
For a strawberry banana smoothie recipe, you need the following;
- Ripe and fresh bananas or frozen bananas.
- Fresh strawberries or frozen strawberries.
- Any preferred milk (almond milk, oat milk, soy milk, or cow’s milk) or plain Greek yogurt.
- Ice cubes, if you prefer a cold drink.
- Some other fruits like apples, blueberries, and pears, if you are up for it.
- For more nutritional value, add flax seeds, hemp seeds or chia seeds.
- Add vanilla or chocolate syrup for that extra fun.
- Natural sweetening agents like honey or dates, as per your taste pallet.
Frozen fruit adds a dessert-like taste to the smoothie. If you want to skip the frozen fruit, then take the fresh fruit and add some ice cubes for a perfect cold smoothie.
Milk or yogurt adds a creamy flavor and gives the desired consistency to the smoothie. Almond milk is a smart choice for vegans or people who are lactose intolerant and avoid dairy products. If you want to go dairy-free (a better option), just add water with some other fresh fruits.
Carefully choose the ingredients and make the best strawberry banana smoothie.
What should you not mix in a smoothie?
Smoothie is a brilliant source of different vitamins and minerals as it contains fresh fruits. Fruits themselves are sweet in taste and are natural sugars. So it is recommended not to add other artificial sweeteners, even sugar, to get that extra little sweetness for the sake of our taste buds.
Smoothies have easy recipes with simple raw fruits. But too much of any good thing can cause trouble. Avoid adding a large number of fruits to make the smoothie healthier.
Some think adding other juices (like apple juice or orange juice) would be a great idea to make the smoothie more tangy and refreshing. But it is not. Adding such juices can make the smoothie lose its original flavor and nutritional value.
Do not get tempted by all the smoothie recipes available on the internet. Know your body’s requirements and the nutrition it needs. Mixing random fruits can cause severe allergies and infections in specific individuals.
What is a perfect strawberry banana smoothie recipe?
It takes only 5 minutes to make a great smoothie. It is so easy to make a refreshing smoothie that even kids can make it. Choosing to have a smoothie instead of instant noodles or caffeine makes your body healthy and mind happy.
The perfect smoothie recipe has the following steps
- Take the strawberries and bananas and rinse them thoroughly.
- Put the fruits in a clean blender.
- Add milk or yogurt with the fruits in the blender. Or add water (if you opt to go dairy free) as per your needed smoothie consistency.
- Add chia, flax, or hemp seeds, as per your preference and need for nutrients in a smoothie.
- Blend all the ingredients in a high-powered blender.
- Add a few more sweet bananas and frozen strawberries if the smoothie is too liquid in nature.
- If the smoothie has a super thick texture, adding a little extra milk will balance everything. A perfectly textured smoothie is more enjoyable.
- Your delicious strawberry banana smoothie is ready to be served.
- Pour out the contents of the blender into a sipper, add some ice cubes and enjoy your refreshing chilled smoothie.
- Do not make your appetite wait for too long for this pink-coloured fulfilling smoothie. Serve immediately and get refreshed by enjoying this healthy treat.
Isn’t the smoothie recipe easy and fun? Have a healthy and delicious strawberry banana smoothie, and make your gut disease-free!
Add this tasty strawberry banana smoothie to your list of easy breakfast recipes, and begin your day with a frosty chilled, and yummy drink. The light pink colored strawberry banana smoothie is not only eye candy but also makes your gut strong.
There are a variety of other healthy smoothie recipes on the internet, and the only equipment needed is a blender. Therefore, get a blender and try new simple smoothie recipes to find your favorite go-to drink.
We are here to provide you with the best recipes for smoothies.
- If you’re looking to cut calories and sugar from your diet, water is the perfect choice for liquid smoothies. Not only is it calorie-free and sugar-free, but it’s also money-free! Water is the ideal choice if you’re trying to lose weight, as drinking water helps you burn calories and stay hydrated.
- Avoid mixing your watermelons, muskmelons, cantaloupe and honeydews with other fruits. Try not to mix acidic fruits, such as grapefruits and strawberries, or sub-acidic foods such as apples, pomegranates and peaches, with sweet fruits, such as bananas and raisins for a better digestion
- Unsweetened milk is the liquid of choice for the perfect smoothie. Using regular cow’s milk or dairy-free alternatives such as Yogurt adds creaminess and a slightly tangy bite. Plan, unsweetened yogurt or Greek yogurt is preferred.