When it comes to food, it’s always to be regular and adequate. But, sometimes, being out of your plan can give you an unexpected stomach problem. Yes, the most common stomach problem is constipation. Unfortunately, it is a common problem affecting over 20%-25% of the population every year.
Your delayed diet or less eating habits can be one of the basic reasons for your digestive tract. So, dealing with this, here are some of the powerful foods to make you poop satisfactorily. We have categorized these food items based on fruits, veggies, and other go-to items.
So, what are you waiting for?
4 Wealthy Fruits to Make you Poop Satisfactorily
You must have heard that an apple a day keeps a doctor away. Well, this might be one of your childhood poems, but an apple a day can give you a bump of health benefits. Being a rich source of insoluble fiber. Did you know that a small piece of apple can give you 3.6 grams of fiber. Hence it is one of the best foods to make you poop.
Why apple, why fiber? Fiber-rich foods like apples, bananas, avocados, and vegetables like cauliflower and zucchini contain a good amount of soluble and insoluble fiber. Besides having extra fiber content, it also contains extravagant features that play a vital role in strengthening your digestive system.
How to Make it More Delectable?
If apples are something that you don’t like, then here are some tasty ways to make them more delicious and eatable for you. Adding some apple dice over yogurt or oatmeal can enrich the nutrients in your meal. You can also make a fruit chat, adding a different kind of fruit to your plate.
Talking about fiber supplements, then how could we forget Kiwi? It is a fiber-rich fruit, especially known for effective regularity in poop. Healing in digestive issues is a great promoter as daily fiber intake food.
Kiwi is full of vitamin C and dietary fiber, providing various health benefits. Being one of the antigens against constipation, it helps you improve digestion and excretory health problems. It is counted as one of the best foods to make you poop.
How to Make it More Scrumptious?
There are different ways to eat it. One can have kiwi by adding it into fruit salad, smoothie, or toppings in your breakfast or snacks.
Not only known for fiber found in fruit, but pears are also high in sorbitol, and fructose, promoting good digestion and excretion. Majorly, they are rich in fiber-containing about 6 grams of fiber (soluble fiber and insoluble fiber). It helps to recover about 20-25% of fiber needed in one’s body.
Additionally, it has fructose ( a kind of sugar) and sorbitol ( a sugar that pushes water into the intestine to smoothen the flow of waste and excrete in the body. Hence it is one of the best foods to make you poop.
How to Make it More Delicious to Eat?
All three sources combine in one fruit, which helps in fighting against constipation. Pears can be included in salads, and smoothies, and sandwiches.
Avocados are the evergreen source of fiber, Vitamin C, E, and K. One bowl of avocados can fill you with 10 grams of fiber (more fiber than other fruits). It is also known for increasing satiety levels, which further helps in weight loss and a good diet.
It is a source of both soluble and insoluble fiber.
How to Make it Tasty to Eat?
We can’t neglect the fact that avocados act as a great topping in toast and sandwiches. Hence, people can try avocados with egg toast to have a better taste and nutrient level. Moreover, it is also good as a smoothie and in baked meals. It is one of the best foods to make you poop.
4 Easy Veggies to Make you Relieve Constipation
Are you looking for veggies that offer relief from constipation? One cup of sweet potatoes contains 3.6 grams of fiber. It acquires soluble fiber (additional fiber) as cellulose and lignin that helps in smoothening the process.
The intake of 4-5 days can help in improving the situation and overcoming constipation. Hence it is one of the best foods to make you poop.
How to Make it Appetizing to Eat?
There are numerous ways to have sweet potatoes. They can be roasted, steamed, or boiled. Moreover, sweet potatoes can also be eaten between toast and sandwiches.
Spinach & Green Vegetables
Greens have always been a good source of all vitamins, proteins, and minerals, bracing each body part of the body. Spinach, and greens like sprouts, Brussels, broccoli, contain a high weightage of fiber, vitamin K, A, and E to relieve constipation. It is known as one of the best foods to make you poop.
Well, there’s no doubt that green vegetables aren’t widely liked by kids, and sometimes even adults. Nonetheless, it has everything to enrich your entire system with many nutrients.
One bowl of spinach provides 5 grams of fiber that looks forward to healthy digestion. On the other hand, broccoli has 2.4 grams of fiber that stimulate movement and alleviate constipation easily.
How to Make it More Appetizing?
Of course, it is tough to make your children ready to eat green veggies, so here are some easy ways to do it. Chopped spinach with corns and cheese toast, grind spinach to cook dal.
Beans and Peas
Otherwise called pulses, these vegetables are a cheap but great source of fiber in your daily routine. Interestingly, it is one of the best foods to make you poop easily.
1 cup of cooked beans and peas acquires 19.1 grams of fiber in the regular bowel movements. Besides, only one-half cup of lentils has 7.8 grams of fiber.
Can Pulses be Tasty?
Pulses are efficient in reducing constipation symptoms and improving consistency. To include pulses in your diet, one can have pulses in soup and non-veg dishes.
Knowingly, Rhubarb is a green leafy vegetable. It looks like spinach, and it contains a compound called sennosides. Furthermore, 1 cup (122 grams) of Rhubarb contains 2.2 grams of dietary fiber, with bowel movement to relieve constipation.
How to Make it Tastier?
The leaves of the rhubarb plant can’t be eaten. So they are cut out and the plant is boiled first. Rhubarb tastes sweet; hence it is added to pies and baked goods. It can likewise be added to oats or muesli for a fiber-rich breakfast.
Other Food items to Make you Poop Easily
These are some of the highest-fiber foods available outside. Just 1 bowl of chia seeds gives 9.8 grams of fiber, meeting your daily fiber needs in your body. When chia comes into contact with water, it forms a gel-like consistency. In gut health, this can help soften stools and make them easier to pass.
Chia seeds are categorized in some of the versatile food items. Hence, it can be added to many foods, considerably enhancing the nutritional value of your meal.
They can be used on cereal, oats, yogurt, smoothie, juice, salad, baked items, or desserts. Moreover, it is one of the best foods to make you poop easily.
It is the traditional source of healing constipation; rich in dietary fiber and multi-nutritional value. Whole grains can be consumed as chapattis, whole grain bread, wheat bread, or baked goods with whole grain. If not, then rye bread is a good substitute for whole grain.
Other Ways to Eat
It helps to deal with constipation in 3-4 days minimum. Moreover, it turns your digestive tract healthy and smoothers your stools gradually.
Well, this fiber-dense food item has fundamentally more fiber than the generally utilized fast oats. 33% cup of oat bran contains 4.8 grams of fiber, which is enough to fight against even chronic constipation. Providing good digestive health can help you poop easily and satisfactorily.
Eating oat-grain bread a day helps relieve constipation and improves the consistency of solid discharges.
Other Ways to Eat
Oat grain can be taken with granola blends and heated into bread or biscuits.
Do you want to know other foods to make you poop? Flax seeds are another supplements to prevent constipation and help you poop without muscle contractions. One cup of flaxseed contains at least 2.5 grams of fiber. Moreover, these seeds are a natural laxative effect, which means they have oil content to smoothen your stool excretion.
Can Flax Seeds be Tasty?
You can consume flax seeds with foods like yogurt, baked foods, and juices or smoothies. It contains both soluble and insoluble fiber that helps grow healthy bacteria in the stomach to ease the excretion. These beneficial bacteria play a vital role in smoothening the process.
Also known as dried plums, this is a home-like remedy for improving your digestive tract. Likewise pears, dried prunes also contain sorbitol, sugar alcohol, pulling water through your intestine to make your excretory process smooth.
Other Ways to Eat
This leads to a natural laxative effect in the body, boosting your digestive tract and bowel movements. Prunes can be consumed as prune juice, cereals, salads, yogurt, oats, smoothies.
Figs, on the other hand, are a good supplement to avoid constipation. Consumed in different kinds, it helps in boosting fiber content in your body.
A small fig contains 1.5 grams of fiber. At the same time, you can also consume it as fig paste over 2-3 weeks continuously.
How to Make it Tastier?
This is a delicious snack that can be eaten raw, cooked, or dried. Additionally, it enhances your digestive tract and helps you recover from irritable bowel syndrome. Moreover, if you are a cheese lover, you can add figs as toppings to your cheesy dishes like meats and pizza, baked goods, and salads.
But, Wait! There’s more to know.
The list of some scrumptious and healthy food items goes on. Brown rice, apple pie, fermented milk beverage, prune juice, olive oil, and globe artichokes are some of the best foods for improving your diet as well as constipation.
The Dos & Don’ts of Constipation
Moderate constipation can be treated at home, but rush to a doctor soon if it’s severe. People usually wait for a change, but they forget it might be late if required treatment is not given on time. However, for people suffering from mild constipation, the following are some dos and don’ts you must follow.
- Drink plenty of fluids- We have always been told to drink 7-8 liters of water per day. For those experiencing mild or even severe constipation issues, drinking water can help them improve their excretory system. Providing ease and fluency to excretion, you would be able to pass enough stools without any difficulty.
- Dried fruit- These are loaded with full fiber and are known for their constipation-relieving properties. Along with water, fiber is another healthy source to prevent constipation problems in a few days. Good fruit choices for bowel movements are raisins, prunes, figs, bananas, apples.
- Green Vegetables- Vegetables are also high in fiber. To provide medical advice isn’t enough. One has to eat equally. Beans, legumes, salads, spinach, Rhubarb are all high in fiber.
- Avoid processed foods – Excessive eating of processed food is always a bane for your health. Well, now it can lead to constipation. Hence, going towards natural foods like vegetables and fruits is a good deal of option.
- Coffee or not? – Caffeine is somewhere known as a health booster, but excessive of something can lead to disaster. Consuming excessive caffeine can cause you to have a bowel movement. While, on the other hand, it can also cause dehydration, which further can push you towards constipation.
- Dairy Products – Dairy is always presented on the good side when it comes to health. But were you aware that it contains lactose that is known for producing gas in the stomach? Also, foods loaded with cheese aren’t usually part of a balanced diet. Hence you should not eat such items. Yogurt and non-fat milk can be eaten freely, as it doesn’t harm your excretory system.
- Say NO to Alcohol – Obviously, alcohol is a great crook to your health. Hence, you should not consume alcohol if you are suffering from regular constipation.
Water – The One Stop Remedy
Alright! It’s not food, but water is also one of the best and valuable remedies to prevent constipation. It’s not about keeping you hydrated but also providing equal nutrients and fluency (pull water) in your body to promote effortless excretion. One should have 7-8 liters of water in a day. Interestingly, some nutrients can’t be fulfilled in your bowl. This is why H2O is preferred on the other side.
Moreover, Check out:
Some Useful Tips to Keep in Mind While Dealing with Constipation:
- Eating certain foods is not conquering constipation. However, you need to be aware of some don’ts or not to do things while curing yourself. We care for you, which is why here are some of the useful tips to keep in mind while dealing with constipation. So, what are you waiting for?
- White rice can be one of the reasons for constipation. Hence, avoid eating white rice. Brown rice is a good substitute for it with constipation removing characteristics.
- Besides food, drink plenty of water daily. It will help you poop smoothly and bring a regular flow to your small intestine.
- Avoid oily and greasy foods. If you are a foodaholic, then food made in olive oil is the best choice for your diet.
- Eat good bacteria in your food. It will help you poop and enhance bowel movements.
- Trail mix foods are another good option that has increased the nutritional value and improved consistency.
- With equal cure, prevention is also necessary. This is why make sure about the medication you are taking. Some medicines include antacids and iron supplements, which are known, constipation culprits. Low-fiber foods won’t cause constipation directly. However, make sure you’re taking plenty of fiber and water in your diet.
In the End
Many food items can soothe you internally in three to four weeks or later. Noticeably, most food items contain high fiber to relieve constipation and trigger enough poop. Generally, it adds bulk to your stool and softens the process to bring ease.
However, you certainly don’t need any exaggerated method or tools to fight against this situation. A glass of water every 1-2 hours is enough for a healthy and happy stomach because fluids bring smoothness and easiness in movements.
Moreover, regular exercise is another vital cause to remove constipation. People generally forget some little steps in their daily routine, which takes them nearer to unwanted health issues.
Being your healthy buddy, we are always here to guide you with the exact and simple ways to achieve long health. Today, we discussed some of the best foods to make you poop.
Now, it’s your turn to bring these words into action and end up with a healthy stomach.
Any information found on the site does not constitute legal or medical advice. Should you face health issues, please visit your doctor to get yourself diagnosed. Icy Health offers expert opinions and advice for informational purposes only. This is not a substitute for professional medical advice.