If you are searching for some benefits of cloves for toothache, this article will surely help you.
Clove can be one of the most amazing active ingredients that will aid oral health. If you apply clove to your affected area, it will reduce your tooth pain as well.
This may be due to the antibacterial properties of cloves. The bacteria-preventing property of cloves can be highly beneficial in getting rid of various other issues.
You can also apply clove oil to maintain the proper hygiene of your oral health.
4 Advantages of Cloves for Toothache
1) A Great Antiseptic
Cloves for toothache are the best thing, as you can use them as an antiseptic. There are so many antiseptics available in the market, but cloves will do a miracle for your pain.
Cloves are a natural antiseptic due to the presence of eugenol. Eugenol claims to act as an astounding antiseptic that can heal a toothache as eugenol present in clove can effectively treat any oral issues.
2) Reduce Inflammation
Clove can be similar to expectorant which will help in reducing mouth inflammation. Here, clove oil or cloves naturally will help relax your muscles and show positive results in reducing inflammation.
Apply clove oil using a cotton ball to the impacted area. Make sure you use a clean cotton ball.
3) Anti-Microbial Properties
Oral health is a sensitive thing to take care of daily. Certain bacteria find their way to destroy your treat. These bad bacteria need to be killed or prevented before they start damaging your oral health.
Your teeth and gums need special attention to maintain proper hygiene. Maintaining hygiene of your oral health is pivotal to protect it from microbes that can be harmful.
Cloves for toothache can also be a great help to prevent microbes and fungus in your mouth. Add cloves to your natural remedy list for showing anti-fungal properties.
Read more about Cloves for toothache.
4) Can Fight Harmful Rays
UV rays can be quite dangerous and quite threatening as well. You must try to add cloves to your daily lives to stay protected from such harmful rays.
Cloves can show positive results in protecting your body from free radicals which may link to cancer which can be a matter of serious concern.
Clove can be the best for oxygen radical absorption capacity that can prevent free radicals.
Different Forms of Clove
There are many ways that one can use cloves if the concern is a toothache. Some of the ways that can are preferable:
1) Whole Cloves in an Entirely Herbal Form
You can follow the following steps:
- Place 3-4 cloves (as per requirement) on your affected teeth.
- Then you wait for a while until it gets soft and the oil flows to the affected area.
- And after this, you can clean the residue.
Please make sure your hands are clean and free from bacteria while doing this.
2) Ground Cloves for Toothache
You can make your own ground clove mixture by following the steps:
- All you need is olive oil and ground cloves and make a mixture of them placing both ingredients into a bowl.
- Ensure that the olive oil ratio should be ¼ teaspoon, and for clove, it can be 1/8 teaspoon.
- Once the mixture is perfectly mixed, you can start applying it to the impacted area for instant relief.
- You can use a cotton ball (a clean one) for better application.
- After applying the mixture to your impacted area, you may leave it to absorb well for 15-20 minutes.
Then don’t forget to rinse your mouth to clean it properly.
3) Clove Oil
- Take pure clove oil that is completely organic without any artificial ingredients.
- Pour the clove oil into a small bowl, and then dip a cotton ball in the clove oil. Make sure the cotton ball is clean.
- Make sure you did not put it entirely in the clove oil. Dip the end of the cotton ball inside the clove oil.
- Then start applying clove oil to your impacted area. Then you may leave the clove oil for 20-25 minutes.
- Then you can rinse your mouth with water. Even if we go for medical advice, it is always preferable to use salt water instead of normal water.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) –
1. How many cloves can I chew in a day?
2. What are the side effects of cloves?
3. When is the best time to chew cloves?
Chewing cloves before going to would be the best option.
Your oral health is important to keep an eye on. A little negligence can lead to tooth decay. So, whenever you get a toothache, make sure you treat it at the initial stage, or else it will cause serious effects on damaging your teeth.
A great agent to relieve your toothache is cloves, which can do miracles for toothaches and oral health.
Click here to check out more articles like this.
Dr. Foram Bhuta