Diagnosed with high levels of blood pressure readings? But don’t want to take the medicinal route just yet? That happens. Most of us reading this article probably hate taking medication. Read on to know the ultimate 3 exercises which can lower blood pressure for adults as well as seniors.
However, we all have to end up consuming pills and syrups to get ourselves fit. Knowingly blood pressure is one of the fastest-growing common health issues, majorly observed in adults and the aged.
3 Easy Exercises to Lower Blood Pressure
In 2019, a global report says that symptoms of hypertension were found in adults and aged. Of which 32% were women and 34% (32–37) in men.
And to cure this, lowering your blood pressure points is one of the targets you need to set for your life. Changing your lifestyle plays a very crucial role in your recovery story, and three easy exercises to lower blood pressure. Therefore, your body needs a new lifestyle.
Similarly, here with this guide, we have brought you the ultimate one-stop guide with three easy exercises to lower blood pressure to help lower your blood pressure at home, without medications, but with effective treatment.
High Blood Pressure and You
Otherwise known as hypertension, high blood pressure is also named a “silent killer” as it does not have any symptoms, but it is found to be one of the major reasons for heart disease.
Unfortunately, diseases like high blood pressure, heart disease, and stroke, attacks, are some of the emerging health problems from the past few years.
There can be many causes out there, nevertheless one of the non-negotiable causes is the improper lifestyle of individuals.
Let’s know something more valuable about blood pressure. Your blood pressure is measured in millimetres of mercury, which is denoted as mm Hg.
It has two numbers during the measurement, that is – Systolic blood pressure and diastolic blood pressure.
- Systolic blood pressure– This is the number that describes the force of the blood whenever your heart pushes blood into your arteries from the entire body.
- Diastolic blood pressure– This is the bottom number exhibiting the pressure in your blood vessels.
Knowingly, blood pressure depends on how much blood your heart is pumping, and the flow of blood in vessels. Therefore, get your blood pressure checked regularly to avoid any bad health conditions later.
How to identify whether you have normal blood pressure, lower or higher? Well, it’s easy to know that.
If you are diagnosed with 120/80 mm Hg, then it is considered to be normal. However, if you possess 130/80 mm Hg or more then it can be a concerning situation for you. And you might need these three easy exercises to lower blood pressure.
Well, if you are above normal then you fall in the elevated blood pressure category, which means you may develop a risk of high blood pressure in the future.
People who are found in such category are recommended to rely on exercise rather than medications. For that, we have brought three easy exercises to lower blood pressure. Exercising daily is not only an easy but a better way to reduce high blood pressure readings.
3 Must-Do Exercises to Normalize High Blood Pressure
“A little progress each day adds up to big results,” Is a well-said quote by Satya Nani.
Well, this saying strongly proves that efforts made every day will bring you good outcomes at the end of the day.
Following this notion, we have jotted down must-try (three easy exercises to lower blood pressure) moderate exercise for adults and individuals above 40 or 50.
Exercise Routine for Young Adults
- Brisk walking is one of the best yet simple exercise routines for adults as well as old age individuals. A brisk walk is nothing but walking energetically in accordance to trigger the movement of your body. Also acts like weight training, it helps you prevent heart health disease, your weight, reduce stress, stroke, reduce blood pressure, cancer, diabetes, and overall health. Moreover, it strengthens your bones and muscles and drives endurance in your body. For adults, a 30-minute brisk walk is enough for a day, whereas the aged can do it for 10 minutes.
- Cycling is another very exciting yet good exercise type for adults that keeps your blood pressure low. This is because paddling continuously with energy for at least 10-15 minutes can help you reduce the probability of blood pressure disease. You can make good use of stationary bikes for moderate activity to keep your blood pressure under control.
- Extracircullar activities like swimming, badminton, or following any of the hobbies are always known to be the best of three easy exercises to lower blood pressure, which also works on your cognitive skills. However, it also adds qualities to your healthy life too. You may have a hectic schedule, but practicing such activities for at least 30-45 minutes every day can turn you into a healthy person.
- Do you love travelling? Well, if your answer is yes, then hiking must help you reduce your points. Hiking benefits your body to move and lets your blood flow accordingly in the body.
- Try aerobic exercise as it will help you to carry out the complete movement of your body effectively.
Exercise routine for those Above 50s
- As discussed, brisk walking is also beneficial for individuals who are above 40 or 50. It’s one of the best three easy exercises to lower blood pressure. However, they need to set their time for this exercise. For example- 10 minutes of brisk walking is enough for old individuals.
- If not brisk walking, then climbing stairs is also a good alternative for you. No worries as you do not have to climb three-four floors, but you can easily do this standing in one place. Just find a stair-like structure near you, and practice up and down on it. Do it at least for 10-15 minutes. This acts like weight training which helps you to manage your weight risk in two weeks or more.
- Stretching is a very casual exercise we normally practice in our daily lifestyle. Nevertheless, if you are a hypertension patient, then you need to bring this exercise to your daily routine. It majorly improves the flexibility of muscles and reduces pain, stress, and overall fitness to help your arteries or vessels expand to their regular shape for good blood flow.
Household activities like gardening, baking, and several other activities can help you in relieving stress and are one of the best three easy exercises to lower blood pressure. Moreover, such physical activity chores help your body move throughout the day.
Hand grip exercises lead to controlling the risk of hypertension. It can be practiced by both young adults and old individuals above 40 or 50. The handgrip is a kind of strength training to control overall blood pressure, fitness, and feel active.
Also known for increasing flexibility, you can do it in any way. Say, for example- sitting casually at home, outside, or anytime.
Note: Stop exercising if you feel chest pain. Don’t worry, this is normal when you practice vigorous exercise for the day.
So, now that you have known the best three easy exercises to lower blood pressure, it’s time to learn about some meal changes you need to follow in your regular diet. So, what are you waiting for?
Is milk necessary for your diet? Check it out here.
7 Diet Changes that Help to Reduce Hypertension Risk
A healthy lifestyle demands a healthy diet! This is why we have jotted down some of the dietary changes one needs to implement to lower blood pressure to fall under the healthy range of a sedentary lifestyle.
Knowingly, a study suggests that food supplements that contain high values of nutrients like potassium and magnesium have been promoted to help lower your blood pressure levels.
#1 Say No to Salt!
Well if you are someone who loves eating high-salted, spicy food, then here’s something essential for you!
Sodium has always been a trigger that shoots high blood pressure. Therefore, it’s better to avoid a high amount of salty food in your meal plan.
Moreover, not only salty but spicy, or greasy food may also be a cause of hypertension. Avoid oily food, especially processed food, salted eateries, and a peppery diet.
#2 Eat Citrus Fruits
Citrus fruits are considered to be a great recovery factor for high blood pressure. Oranges, lemons, and grapefruits are loaded with high vitamins and minerals that will help you to recover or prevent heart diseases and blood pressure.
Therefore, besides medication eating citrus fruits regularly benefits you in speedy recovery.
#3 Pumpkin Seeds are Good to Go!
Don’t go on their size. They are super nutritious when it comes to your dietary plan. Majorly concerned with blood pressure-controlling nutrients, these seeds contain magnesium, potassium, and an amino acid that soothes your vessels and maintain the frequency of your blood flow.
Another very scrumptious eatery is Pistachios which is highly nutritious, that specially treats heart diseases and blood pressure risks. It also contains potassium which is a good supplement for curing heart problems.
#5 Carrots & Beetroot
Undoubtedly, carrots are the must-eat food eateries in everybody’s diet. Not only it is known for sharpening your eyes, but it also cures blood pressure-related issues.
Besides being so crunchy, and sweet, these are high in compounds, such as chlorogenic, and p-coumaric, that help your blood vessels to relax and inflammation.
Though carrots can be eaten raw or cooked into mixed vegetables. Individuals should make sure to consume a minimum of two-three carrots daily.
Well, this red juicy vegetable is high in potassium and other essential minerals. Tomatoes contain lycopene which is a pigment specifically helping to reduce high blood pressure levels in one’s body. Additionally, it is also found that lycopene is a good saver from heart diseases too.
Known for its many benefits, broccoli includes the health of your circulatory system. For example, adding this cruciferous veggie to your diet may be a smart way of controlling blood pressure.
#8 Drinking Alcohol?
Practicing these three easy exercises to lower blood pressure is going to be worthless if you take alcohol side by side. Having too much alcohol as alcohol is one of the terrible conductors of high blood pressure. It triggers harmful diseases that affect your fitness, and weight.
Can monster drink help blood pressure patients? Check out what expert advice.
Over to You:
Taking proper medications with a doctor is necessary if you are diagnosed with a critical stage of blood pressure. However, you have to undertake several preventions in a meal plan, and your lifestyle to let a good change happen!
If you fall into the less risky category, then these three easy exercises to lower blood pressure exercises will surely bridge the gap between you and healthy life.
With this guide, we explored some of the fruitful exercises and diet plan treatments for hypertension patients to lower their blood pressure.
Moreover, other beverages like leafy greens, berries, beans, lentils, seeds, and beetroot can add more amount of nutrition to your diet to help you cure faster.
So, what are you waiting for? Let’s step into the healthy world of love, joy, and well-being!
Click here to read more.