In this article, you will be aware of how to lose weight following a 7-day diet plan. Let me tell you that this plan is not like “losing any amount of kgs in 7 days”. Weight loss entirely depends upon the BMI, health, activity level, and physique of an individual.
This article is a guide to an amazing 7-day diet plan for weight loss. Keep reading.
1. Is Losing Weight Important?
There are many obese people in this world. Of course, this plan is not for people who already weigh less, but overweight people exist more than underweight people. Too much can increase your risk of heart conditions, high blood pressure, type 2 diabetes, and cancer.
Weight loss aiming towards a healthy weight can not only decrease your chances of catching certain diseases but also maintain your glucose tolerance and good cholesterol.
Losing weight is not about losing inches or getting a so-called “standard society body,” but you will be healthy if you aim to lose weight for yourself and your body.
Well-being at any size is agreed upon when an individual focuses on a healthy lifestyle. Everybody tends to adjust themselves after some time.
All that matters is the activity level of a body. Still, obesity can welcome many illnesses and can provide constraints to your daily routine.
2. What Diet Must You Follow?
It can happen every time by see a fitness influencer on Instagram following a 1200-calorie diet plan. But remember, not every diet plan is made for everyone and can cause certain questions in your body.
It is extremely important to contact your nutritionist after viewing any meal plan and tending to follow it. Everybody is different, and so is its requirement of exercise and diet. Therefore, it is advised not to fall into the trap of anyone but to trust a good doctor.
3. 7-Day Diet Plan for Weight Loss through GM Diet Plan
The GM Diet Plan, or General Motors Diet, is a 7-day weight loss program made by General Motors Corporation with the sincere intent of keeping its employees in sound health.
The GM Diet Chart was a joint effort by GM, the FDA, and the USDA tested at the John Hopkins Research Center. Here are some of the main benefits of the GM diet plan for weight loss.
3.1. Sugar Avoidance:
There is virtually no exposure to other types of sugar besides fructose.
By consuming large amounts of water and healthy foods and restricting them by consuming junk food of any kind, the body removes excess toxins and eliminates waste products.
3.3. Radiant Skin:
Detoxification improves skin health and gives a natural glow.
3.4. Boosts Metabolism:
Healthy eating habits and increased water intake support the body’s metabolism. A higher metabolic rate results in more calories burned, which ultimately leads to weight loss.
3.5. Improves Digestion:
The foods consumed during the 7-day regimen are high in fibre, which improves bowel movements.
3.6. Good Eating Habits in General:
This diet generally encourages the consumption of fruits and vegetables low in calories and high in fibre and avoids junk food.
The GM Weight Loss Diet Plan also limits your daily calorie intake to around 1000-1200. This prevents fat from accumulating in the body, keeps your stomach full for long periods, and prevents you from overeating.
Although the GM diet has a lot of added benefits, there are some consequences too. So, before moving on to the diet, let’s check that as well.
4. Consequences or Drawbacks
Our moral duty is to inform you about the drawbacks of the GM diet so that you don’t fool yourself into thinking that the GM diet is the ultimate 7-day diet plan for weight loss.
4.1. Unsustainable Plan
The GM diet plan is very peculiar. The food combination and setup included in the GM diet is not a sustainable plan for one week. Most people can pull this off for 3 days maximum.
And even though it is a good setup for rapid weight loss, you are most likely to lose the water weight in place of body fat.
4.2. Bold Claims Not Backed By Science
When diets are evidence-based, we consider them the best to follow. Such diets are a manageable choice. However, it doesn’t seem trustworthy when scientific studies do not back diets or healthy meal plans.
And that’s exactly the problem with the GM diet.
5. 7 Day Diet Plan For Weight Loss
5.1. Day 1: Fruits
- Breakfast: A pot filled with kiwi/apple or chunks of watermelon/papaya.
- Lunch: A bowl of musk melon or papaya.
- Snack: A glass of coconut water
- Dinner: A guava/orange or a bowl of berries (strawberries, lychee)
- Bedtime snacks: A bowl of watermelon/grapes
- Don’t: Avoid any cream, honey, or sugar dressing in your fruit bowl.
5.2. Day 2: Vegetables
- Breakfast: One or two small potatoes/bowl of corn kernels or peas
- Lunch: One large bowl of cabbage soup
- Snack: 23 medium cherry tomatoes
- Dinner: One cup of broccoli
- Snack: One bowl of cucumber/carrots
- Preparation: You can eat your vegetables raw, boiled, or cooked in 12 tablespoons of olive oil and lightly seasoned with pepper, rock salt, vinegar, or herbs.
5.3. Day 3: Fruits and Vegetables
- Breakfast: A bowl of watermelon / or an apple or about half a pineapple
- Lunch: A large bowl of cabbage soup
- Snack: 23 medium cherry tomatoes
- Dinner: A cup of broccoli.
5.4. Day 4: Milk and Bananas
- Breakfast: Glass of Skimmed milk with 2 bananas.
- Lunch: Two bananas and one glass of skimmed milk.
- Snack: A cabbage soup bowl.
- Dinner: Two large bananas with a glass of skim milk
- Evening snack: None
5.5. Day 5: Meat
- Breakfast: Three whole tomatoes
- Lunch: 250 g of meat of your choice with one large tomato
- Evening snack: None
- Dinner: A bowl of tomato soup
- Goodnight appetizers: None
5.6. Day 6: Meat
- Breakfast: A bowl of Brussels sprouts or cucumber
- Lunch: 250g meat of your choice / vegetarian substitute
- Afternoon aperitif: None
- Dinner: A bowl of cabbage soup
- Bedtime snacks: None
5.7. Day 7: Fruits
- Fruit and vegetable juice
- Breakfast: A large bowl of watermelon
- Lunch: A glass of fruit juice, Brown rice, cottage cheese
- Snack of Afternoon: Nothing
- Dinner: Brown rice with mixed vegetables of your choice and a glass or two of fruit juice.
- Bedtime Snacks: Nothing
Don’t: Avoid adding sweeteners to fruit juice.
This diet plan is not only for non-vegetarians, but vegetarian people can include equal protein sources in place of meat.
Vegan people can switch regular milk with soy milk, coconut milk, or almond milk.
6. Foods to Include in the GM Diet
In addition to the GM diet chart mentioned above, you can incorporate a few more items for alternate days. But remember to add them in limited quantities.
- Black tea
- Green tea
- A handful of nuts
- Unsweetened black coffee
- Green beans
7. Foods to Avoid on the GM Diet
Some things should not be consumed entirely during this diet. Beginning with drinks other than water, whether diet sodas, alcohol, or other cold beverages, is prohibited during the GM Diet to lose weight.
All types of junk food, white flour, and packaged foods should also be avoided.
8. Calorie Intake and Out-take
Weight loss also depends on how many calories you intake daily. Being on a calorie deficit is the best method for losing weight.
Now you may ask what calorie deficit is. A calorie deficit is nothing but the action of burning more calories than you consume. However, it should not be followed by everyone—e.g.: people with anaemia, diabetes, blood pressure, etc.
As per Harris-Benedict Equation, Calorie intake by a person should be equal to
- For Men, Basal Metabolic Rate = 88.362 + (13.397 × weight in kg) + (4.799 × height in cm) – (5.677 × age in years)
- For Women, Basal Metabolic Rate = 447.593 + (9.247 × weight in kg) + (3.098 × height in cm) – (4.330 × age in years)
Whereas, Basal metabolic rate (BMR) is the number of calories burned by the entire body per rest period.
Calorie Requirement= 1.2*BMR (calories)
9. Why is Exercise Important Along With Diet?
- Following exercise, yoga for aerobic routine is an important part of your weight loss journey.
- Being physically active can result in faster weight loss.
- Diet, when solely done, can make you weak as you stop consuming up to a certain amount of calories.
- Weight loss is not just about losing weight but also maintaining an individual’s health; therefore, exercise can give you a stronger body and healthy eating.
10. Meal Plan
Proper meal planning is an important diet strategy. Here, an individual prepares the schedule of their meal a day before. You can also make a schedule for a week.
It happens that you are tired of ordering junk food now and then, spending too many bucks at restaurants, and not meeting your fitness goals. You get to know that it is time for meal prep.
Meal prep aims towards a clean diet and portion control. It is an important tool that helps many people achieve their health and fitness goals.
Meal prep can save you time and money by buying and preparing homemade foods ahead of time. Many people schedule their meals while shopping and cooking on weekends, as per their schedule.
Meal prep can also be easier and healthier because you set your menu in advance. If you already have a healthy homemade dinner ready to go, you’re less likely to choose a less-than-great option.
A person must plan his meals according to their needs. This should be considered:
- Your activity level
- All dietary requirements are due to health concerns.
- Personal, cultural, or religious nutritional needs.
- How long do you have to prepare food and shop?
- Your cooking level Experience and difficulty of recipes.
- If the menu should include other household members.
10.1. Perks of Meal Prep:
- Meal preparation can save time.
- You can save on your pocket because it will restrict you from going out for food unnecessarily.
- Grocery shopping will become easier since you will already know what you are going to eat
- This technique will also not let you waste food.
- You can manage your portion on the plate- Preparing your food by yourself can control your portions, and can let you know exactly what ingredients you are adding to your body. Because of this, meal prep has become a new habit that will help you reach your weight goals.
- There will be less stress as struggling with what to make every day can be overwhelming. When you prepare the meal for the week, you don’t have to participate in this battle every day.
Now that you know the whole routine to the 7-day diet plan for weight loss, it is best to keep a few things in mind:
- Your diet plan is not good if- You feel clumsy and dizzy, your skin health deteriorates, and you face drowsiness every time. You wish to eat every time but suppress it by drinking water. Your diet plan is surely not good if it advises you to swallow pills, not eat for a longer time, and if it prevents you from eating your daily staple food.
- Never forget meal prep- always prepare and write down whatever you will be eating the next day so that it would not allow you to survive on junk in case food is not available and will also save time. Do your grocery shopping a day before, plan your meals, and see the magic!
- Stick to an exercise routine even after completing your diet schedule.
- Do not start munching back on junk after these seven days. Maintain your weight loss by eating healthy food.
It would be best if you always had your breakfast regularly and ate clean meals, fruits, and vegetables. Increasing your body activity can let you lose weight faster. You must drink a lot of water and eat fibre-rich foods.
12. In The End
Banning a certain type of food may result in weight loss but won’t make you happy. Planning your meals is another important tool to follow.
People having a great amount of weight may feel less confident about themselves and may not be satisfied after working on their bodies and seeing the changes.
Losing weight is not about losing belly fat, lessening the thigh gap, or anything but a disease-free healthy lifestyle. When focused on gradual weight loss, you can be confident about your changes and be happy with your body.
I hope this article on the 7-Day Diet Plan For Weight Loss helps you understand the concept of the GM diet and what you need to do to lose weight.
13. Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. What Are the 7 Things You Need for a Balanced Diet?
There are seven essential factors for a balanced diet: carbs, protein, fat, fibre, vitamins, minerals and water.
Q2. What Is a Normal Diet Called?
The regular diet can also be referred to as a general or normal diet. Its purpose is to provide a well-balanced diet and ensure that individuals who do not require dietary modifications receive adequate nutrition.
Q3. What Is a Good Source of Protein?
Animal-based foods (meat, poultry, fish, eggs, and dairy foods) tend to be good sources of complete protein, while plant-based foods (fruits, vegetables, grains, nuts, and seeds) often lack one or more essential amino acids.
Q4. How Much Protein per Day?
According to the Dietary Reference Intake report for macronutrients, a sedentary adult should consume 0.8 grams of protein per kilogram of body weight or 0.36 grams per pound. That means that the average sedentary man should eat about 56 grams of protein per day, and the average woman should eat about 46 grams.
Click here to read more.