Distilled water benefits are among the most debated topics these days; considering safe consumption and hydration is pivotal for everyone to survive.
Is distilled water a safer choice than other types of water available for drinking? If you have the same question in your mind. Then give this article a read for getting brief knowledge about Distilled water and its benefits.
Is Distilled Water Safe To Drink?
With a small variety of water available for daily use globally, it is a difficult task to determine the type of water safe for your body. Every water has its trait and shortcoming. Mainly the value of water is determined by its different blending ways.
Distilled water is prepared by a distillation process that makes it safe for drinking use. The whole process helps distilled water to become a purified and safer option for drinking and other use.
Distilled water is entirely free from minerals and other nutrients like salts and organic substances. The water is decontaminated, which would be a drawback of distilled water.
How Is Distilled Water Prepared?
- The whole distillation process starts with boiling the water till it turns into steam.
- After that, the steam is directly shifted into a condenser, and there it rests till it gets backs to a liquid state after cooling down.
- Then, in the last stage of filtration, a carbon post filter is used for filtering the final liquid.
- The filtration process removes any substance or particles present in the liquid.
Read more about the demineralization of drinking water.
Distilled Water Benefits
1. For Hydrating Your Body
The major role of water is to hydrate your body—distilled water benefits from hydrating your body without adding harmful chemicals to disturb your body’s functioning. Distilled water contains only oxygen and hydrogen and further aids hydration.
This form of purified water is beneficial in keeping your body free from toxins and substances as the distillation process flushes out toxins present in the water.
If you want a good body without any toxic substances or harmful chemicals in it, try out distilled water without a second thought.
Read more about water, hydration, and health.
2. For Beautiful Skin
Using distilled water is pivotal for beautiful skin. It doesn’t contain chemicals or substances that will have repercussions for your skin—distilled water benefits in keeping your skin condition maintained.
In the case of normal tap water, it contains chlorine, a very harmful chemical for your skin texture, as it can take out the moisture present in your skin, making your skin dry and dehydrated. Chlorine will also contribute to losing the elasticity of your skin.
Distilled water benefits include unclogging pores by cleaning your face before applying facial cleanser which will dissolve the impurities in your skin far better than normal water.
Distilled water is one of the most underrated waters that would help perpetuate the tightness of your skin for a long time. This is the reason distilled water is a preferable solvent in many facial products.
3. For Shiny Hair
Hard water contains minerals that are not always friendly for your hair condition, and sometimes they will react to the shampoo you use.
Your hair shaft stands up mainly due to washing your hair with hard water as it weighs down the hair and causes breakage. So, using chemical-free purified water will prevent your hair from these problems.
It’s not vital to use distilled water for the whole washing process, and you could use it in the end after applying shampoo and a mask. One of the best remedies for getting back your shiny and frizz-free hair is a mixture of vinegar and distilled water.
Using apple cider vinegar and distilled water to rinse your hair at the end will help flatten your hair shaft scales and make the outer layer of hair hard as apple cider vinegar is acidic and hence will do the job for healthy hair.
4. For Body cleansing
Body cleansing will be the best therapy if you choose distilled water to remove toxins from your body. Distilled water will not react with your body, as chemicals would not be present in the water.
Another beautiful part about distilled water is it will add no harmful chemicals to your body and will do nothing to your body. You will use a pure form of water that can help to cleanse your body properly.
5. For A Neutral Taste
We can see the water we get from the tap water supply, or bottled water (sealed) tastes better than distilled water. The main cause behind the bland taste of distilled water is the absence of minerals or any other substance.
Distilled water tastes flat and neutral without any variation or change in state. Distilled water could be used to prepare cosmetic products, cook food, or use for drinking if you can ignore the neutral taste till it becomes a habit.
6. A Water Without Chemicals
Pollutants are mixing up with water due to the increase in pollution day by day. Daily, people do many things that affect water purity—distilled water benefits in keeping you away from impurities.
The whole distillation process takes around 7-8 hours to make the best-purified water for use, and you can completely trust the process for safer water to use compared to a normal supply of tap water.
Other Uses Of Distilled Water
- You can use distilled water in a steam iron.
- You can fill distilled water in aquariums due to its neutral characteristics.
- For plant watering.
- Used in the laboratory for experiments.
Side Effects Of Distilled Water
Besides the distilled water benefits, the side effects of distilled water are quite notable.
- This form of water will leach minerals that the body absorbs. Distilled water will have repercussions for mineral deficiency if you don’t take a healthy diet.
- Sometimes, the flat taste will cause discomfort in the mouth for some people.
- Drinking distilled water will not store a good amount of calcium, magnesium, and other minerals inside your body.
- No doubt it is pure water with amazing health benefits, but sometimes the lack of minerals will affect your body.
Distilled Water Vs. Purified Water
Many folks get perplexed between distilled and purified water. Both of these go under the category of purified water.
You should call distilled water a kind of purified water with few similarities.
Reverse osmosis is the mechanism used in the preparation of purified water. In this whole process, an additional step is added for giving back some nutrients to the water.
Distilled water benefits would be abundant if you could maintain a mineral-rich balanced diet. There is no evidence that distilled water is extremely beneficial for your health.
Distilled water is more for staying away from chemicals and bacteria that will disturb your health. So, if you are looking for a pure and natural form of water, then give Distilled water a try.
- “Steam distillation is a process of boiling water and collecting the steam that then condenses back into a liquid,” adds Barnes. “Distilled water only contains hydrogen and oxygen.”
- Distilled water is water that has been purified using a method called distillation, in which pure H2O is separated from its contaminants. It’s made by boiling water into a vapor, then condensing the steam back into a liquid in a different container.
- In the middle of the scale is pure distilled water, with a neutral pH of 7. Anything with a pH below 7 is an acid, and anything with a pH above 7 is an alkali or base. To use everyday examples, vinegar is very acidic, with a pH of about 2.
Click here to check out more articles like this.