The Health benefits of dates in pregnancy is a question that arises in the mind of almost every women who is a future mother to be. As today’s mother is very keen about their and their child’s health, they want to know about the health benefits of dates in pregnancy.
This article will throw light on some incredible health benefits of dates in pregnancy and why we should add dates to our diet in general.
4 Incredible Health Benefits Of Dates In Pregnancy
In pregnancy, every woman wants to know about each and everything beneficial for them and their baby. They don’t want to leave any loophole in that. And one of the important parts of pregnancy care is the diet that every woman takes.
A pregnant lady’s diet includes all such things that give her and her child the appropriate nourishment they both need and comfort the mother with her pregnancy swings and makes her pregnancy time easy and makes her labor easy and less painful.
We should know about the health benefits of dates in pregnancy, making labor and delivery easy. It also gives spontaneous labor.
1. Why You Should Know About The Health Benefits Of Dates In Pregnancy
Pregnancy is such a phase of life that is the most important in any women’s life. Pregnancy is a time when a woman undergoes many changes, complications, and pain.
This is an exciting phase for many women and men, who are soon going to become parents. It is like starting a completely new life with a new member of their family.
Pregnancy is a time that is full of mood swings, midnight cravings, sleeping problems, difficulties in any kind of physical activity. And every woman has to undergo this, they have to feel all these pains and sufferings, but then also they want to be a mother. Both the parents, especially the mother wants to cherish the beautiful moments of motherhood.
Apart from all these emotions, a mother always wants to give her child proper nourishment. Every woman wants to give her child proper and necessary development. Pregnancy is a time which is not only important for the mother but also the child.
A child’s life starts in the womb of his mother when he starts taking his first breath in his mother’s womb. His life outside his mother’s womb depends on his mother, and her actions.
If a woman takes proper care of her diet, it only helps her with her pregnancy pains, complications, mood swings and gives her child proper nourishment t, which helps them with their overall growth, ultimately helping them in their future life.
So every mother wants to give her child a good life, a good and healthy future. The most important thing is the diet that she takes and it should include fruits, dry fruits, nuts, vegetables, poultry products, dairy products, and everything rich in nutrients required in pregnancy.
This daily diet makes her pregnancy easy, and so-and-so makes her labor easy and gives her child nourishment. And that is why discussing the health benefits of dates in pregnancy is important. And we shall discuss this important topic in succeeding sections.
In recent times, some researchers say dates should be an important part of pregnant ladies because they are very beneficial for them. They say that dates can be instrumental in making women’s pregnancy period easy, less painful, and consuming dates in the last weeks of pregnancy can help the labor.
2. Health Benefits Of Dates In General Life
Before going to the health benefits of dates in pregnancy we should discuss the health benefits of dates in general life.
Date or date palm is an edible fruit that is sweet in nature. Its scientific or botanical name is Phoenix dactylifera. Dates are grown all over the world because of its consumption increasing day by day. There are many types of dates, including dry and wet dates. Apart from dry and wet dates, there are many more things on which dates differentiate from each other.
Among all the date varieties, Medjool dates are the famous one which is famous all over the world. Dates are not new fruits, and we can trace back their origin and uses even thousands of years ago. We have many fossils of date fruits, which are many thousands of years old.
Even in the early civilizations like Harappan Civilisation, Sumerian Civilisation, and other civilizations, date fruit has an important place in people’s diet. Talking specifically of the Ancient Roman civilization, dates were an important part of the triumphal processions and symbolized the victory.
Dates are natural sweet fruits and have almost 80% sweet in them, and the rest 20% are other nutrients. As dates are lovely in nature, they are also used as a natural sweetener in many cases and can be useful in maintaining blood sugar levels. Even diabetic patients can consume date fruits.
Date fruits are rich in many essential nutrients including both micro and macronutrients. The nutrients which are found in date fruits are proteins, fiber, boron, cobalt, copper, fluorine, magnesium, manganese, selenium, zinc, vitamins like Vitamin A, B1, B2, B3, B5, B6, C, E and K, carbohydrates, fat, and minerals like calcium, iron, phosphorus, potassium, sodium, antioxidants, and water in a small amount.
Because of all these nutrients that dates have, they are consumed all over the world. Many health-conscious persons include date fruits in their daily diet for the nutrients. There are many health benefits of dates which can be as follows,
- All the nutrients found in the date fruits make them very healthy for consumption. All the nutrients found in dates are very helpful in the overall development and growth of the body. These nutrients help in the proper functioning of the body organs.
- They are good for digestive health. As dates are rich in fibre, they promote digestive health. Fibre nutrient is important for the digestive tract and digestive organs promotes the good bacteria in them. These good bacteria make our digestive system healthy and strong and keep away the digestive system-related diseases.
- And as we all know, an unhealthy digestive system is the source of many more diseases. When our digestive system is healthy and strong, we are safe from digestive diseases and other diseases.
- They prevent serious diseases. As dates are full of antioxidants and have more amount of antioxidants found in any other nut or fruit, the important antioxidants found in date fruits are, flavonoids, carotenoids, and phenolic acid, all these antioxidants help prevent serious diseases like heart diseases, cancer, Alzheimer’s disease, and reduces inflammation in the body.
- Helpful in prevention from diabetes. Although the sugar content in date fruit is almost 80%, the fiber found in the dates helps prevent diabetes, maintain the blood sugar level, and lowers the blood sugar level in diabetic patients.
- They can be useful in the prevention of mental problems. The nutrients which are found in dates can be helpful in the promotion of mental health and keep away the diseases related to the brain.
- Other health benefits of dates can be good bone health and prevention from many diseases related to diabetes and many such diseases.
These are the health benefits of the dates for which it is an important part of; healthy people’s diet; we shall move forward for the health benefits of pregnancy dates.
3. Health Benefits Of Dates In Pregnancy
The main question of our article is what are the health benefits of dates in pregnancy. And after discussing the health benefits of dates, now it’s time to move forward to answer the of dates in pregnancy.
As we have discussed the health benefits in the preceding section, one of the health benefits of dates that it helps in pregnancy; let’s see how.
As we have discussed the importance of pregnancy, in the life of a woman and the life of a child too, and with that, we have also acquired some knowledge about the health benefits of dates, now its time for the main topic of discussion which is the health benefits of dates in pregnancy.
The Health benefits of dates in pregnancy are important to discuss because dates are an important part of a healthy person’s diet, and pregnancy is a significant phase of any woman’s life, so it becomes necessary to ponder over the health benefits of dates in pregnancy.
- The first and foremost health benefit of dates in pregnancy is that it helps in easy labour. According to researches, the women who eat six dates in the last 4 weeks of pregnancy can have much easier labor, resulting in a short first stage of labor, cervical ripening,g, or making the cervical ready for the labor.
- It also induces labor. In most pregnant women, it is seen that they have to take medication to induce their labour. And one of the health benefits of dates in pregnancy is that it induces labour, makes cervical ready for labor, making spontaneous labor, and acts as a natural induction for pregnancy. Thus it makes the labor more easy and relaxed.
- Another health benefits of dates in pregnancy are that it prevention from pregnancy fatigue. In pregnancy, most women suffer fatigue, and eating dates regularly can help prevent fatigue, as date fruits have so many nutrients, especially natural forms.
- The next health benefits of dates in pregnancy are that it prevents pregnancy constipation. In pregnancy, many women complain of pregnancy constipation, but the fiber found in dates boosts the digestive system’s health prevents pregnancy constipation.
- The nutrients like iron, vitamins, folate, folic acid prevent the–bee mothers from anemia, and prevents the infant from any disease, helps him grow a healthy body and strong bones.
- Other health benefits of dates in pregnancy that we can count on the list are preventing high blood pressure by maintaining the blood pressure and relaxing the blood vessels.
- Also, consuming dates during the pregnancy can provide a natural and healthy option for sweet craving and also prevents gestational diabetes, which is very common in pregnant ladies. These are some of the health benefits of dates in pregnancy. Every woman should eat dates during pregnancy, especially before her due date, to make her labor and delivery much easier and less painful.
While we have discussed the health benefits of dates in pregnancy, it is also important to look for the precaution of eating dates every day as every woman is different, and they have to take care of their individual health.
The precautions while consuming dates every day includes possible allergies that one can have and keeping in mind the amount of carbohydrate and sugar that a woman in her pregnancy has to take care of. Apart from these precautions, there are many health benefits of dates in pregnancy for which every pregnant woman should include dates in her diet.
We have explored the health benefits of dates in pregnancy in this article and discussed the health benefits of dates for which every pregnant woman should include date fruits in her daily diet and eat dates daily. Also before including date fruit in the diet she should consult her doctor for better results.
Pregnancy is really an important part of life. Every woman should enjoy and cherish it through proper care and guidance so that the period could be very cheerful for her and helpful in developing her baby.
Any information found on the site does not constitute legal or medical advice. Should you face health issues, please visit your doctor to get yourself diagnosed. Icy Health offers expert opinions and advice for informational purposes only. This is not a substitute for professional medical advice.