Share This Article
Recovery is the most rewarding strive one can ever undertake. It is something one needs to work on every day. It is the process of fixing and getting better or returning to the state of better physical and mental health.
The process includes the vital supports and services that are available and accessible to all those who need and want them.
We understand the recovery process is difficult but stick to the end of the article to enjoy some inspirational recovery quotes to make your journey a little easier.
A. Inspirational Recovery Quotes
If you are a person seeking addiction recovery, here are some addiction inspirational recovery quotes that will give hope and encourage you on your path to being drug and alcohol-free.
These are testimonies from famous people who have battled addiction and found sobriety.
1″The best way to predict your future is to create it.”– Abraham Lincoln
2. “Hardships often prepare ordinary people for an extraordinary destiny.”– C.S. Lewis
3. “What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.”– Ralph Waldo Emerson
4. “As human beings, our greatness lies not so much in being able to remake the world as in being able to remake ourselves.” – Mahatma Gandhi
5. “If you can quit for a day, you can quit for a lifetime.” – Benjamin Alire Sáenz
6. “If we are facing in the right direction, all we have to do is keep on walking.” – Zen Proverb
7. “I don’t need alcohol to see the world in its depths, I carry the sun in me.” – Lamine Pearlheart
8. “Courage isn’t having the strength to go on- it is going on when you don’t have strength.” – Napoleon Bonaparte
9. “No matter how dark the night gets, your light will never burn out.” – Jeanette LeBlanc
10. “The best way out is always through.” – Robert Frost
11. “Sometimes we motivate ourselves by thinking of what we want to become. Sometimes we motivate ourselves by thinking about who we don’t ever want to be again.” – Shane Niemeyar
12. “Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up every time we fail.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
13. “Rising from the ashes, I am born again, powerful, exultant, majestic through all the pain.” – Shannon Perry
14. “Change your thoughts, change your life.” – Lao Tzu
15. “If things go wrong, don’t be with them.” – Roger Babson
16. “The man who moves a mountain begins by carrying away small stones.” – Confucius
17. “Understanding the difference between healthy striving and perfectionism is critical to laying down the shield and picking up your life.” – Brené Brown
18. “Fall seven times, stand up eight.” – Japanese Proverb
19. “Don’t judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant.” – Robert Louis Stevenson
20. “If you have made mistakes, there is always another chance for you. You may have a fresh start at any moment you choose, for this thing we call ‘failure’ is not the falling down, but the staying down.” – Mary Pickford
21. “When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it.” – Henry Ford
22. “I think that the power is in the principle. The principle of moving forward as though you have the confidence to move forward, eventually gives you confidence when you look back and see what you’ve done.” – Robert Downey Jr.
23. “Don’t let the past steal your present.” – Terri Guillemets
24. “The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.” – Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
25. “One of the hardest things was learning that I was worth recovery.” – Demi Lovato
26. “Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out.” – Robert Collier
27. “Sometimes you’ve just got to give yourself what you wish someone else would give you” – Dr. Phil McGraw
28. “In the midst of winter, I found there was, within me, an invincible summer. And that makes me happy. For it says that no matter how hard the world pushes against me, within me, there’s something stronger- something better, pushing right back.” – Albert Camus
29. “Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending.” – Carl Bard
30. “Believe you can and you’re halfway there.” – Theodore Roosevelt
31. “Amazing how we can light tomorrow with today.” – Elizabeth Barrett Browning
32. “It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop.” – Confucius
33. “If we are facing in the right direction, all we have to do is keep working.” – Buddhist proverb
34. “Getting sober is a radically creative act.” – Meredith Bell
35. “The only person you are destined to become is the person you decide to be.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
Inspirational recovery quotes and posts help you to see the brighter side of life. Addiction recovery is possible. All it takes is to step forward slowly, bit by bit, and not give up even when one experiences setbacks.
Carry out positive and self-reinforcement practices. Do not fear relapses. Numerous people have found a whole new life on the other side of alcohol dependence, and so can you.
Here are some more testimonials and inspirational recovery quotes from popular faces who battled with addiction and later became drug and alcohol-free.
36. “Not drinking makes me a lot happier.” – Naomi Campbell
37. “Ya think that the whiskey tastes good? Try a big cup of sobriety- now that is the good stuff.” – Steven Tyler
38. “My identity shifted when I got into recovery. That’s who I am now, and it actually gives me greater pleasure to have that identity than to be a musician or anything else, because it keeps me in a manageable size… it gives me a spiritual anchor.” – Eric Clapton
39. “Getting sober just exploded my life. Now I have a much clearer sense of myself and what I can and can’t do. I am more successful than I have ever been.” – Jamie Lee Curtis
39. “For me, I just happened to be in a situation the very last time and I said, “You know what? I don’t think I can continue doing this.” And I reached out for help and I ran with it, you know?… It’s really not that difficult to overcome these seemingly ghastly problems. What’s hard is to decide.” – Robert Downey Jr.
40. “Sobriety was the greatest gift I ever gave myself.” – Rob Lowe
41. “Don’t pick up a drink for drug, one day at a time. It sounds so simple. It actually is simple, but it isn’t easy- it requires incredible support and fastidious structuring.” – Russell Brand
42. “I’ve never met an alcoholic in recovery who doesn’t believe that this is the best thing they have ever done.” – Adam Clayton
43. “I wouldn’t have been able to have access to myself or other people, or even being able to take in other people, if I hadn’t changed my life.” – Bradley Cooper
44. “Sometimes you can only find heaven by slowly backing away from hell.” – Carrie Fisher
You can read more on How Long Does Alcohol Stay in Your System?
B. Does Inspirational Recovery Quotes Really Help?
For anyone struggling with addiction, inspirational recovery quotes and motivational quotes about addiction resonate with them deeply.
If you are on your journey of recovery, it will surely help in your addiction treatment. Reading these inspirational recovery quotes during a relapse eases the mind and sets you free from negative thoughts.
You may find it to be a slow process but the path is surely worth it.
C. How To Aid Recovery?
For a person suffering from alcohol addiction and drug abuse, life becomes very difficult. Every day is a challenge. People identify different methods for addressing what they consider problematic alcohol and drug use.
Inspirational recovery quotes and posts are an effective treatment to help you gain motivation in life. It leads you to a life free of addiction.
Some prefer the option of rehab centers for addiction treatment due to continuous relapses. There are numerous rehab centers that can help you. One can also join therapy groups where one comes in contact with similar people who are struggling in life.
You can support each other through inspirational recovery quotes and stories of people who went through this phase and are now living a sober life.
Try healthy alternatives like consuming a healthy diet, yoga or exercise. Meditation is a good way to keep yourself focused.
Take at least eight hours of sleep. Make a food and drink menu and include all the healthy ingredients.
Frame the inspirational recovery quotes in your bedroom to remind yourself that no relapse can stop you in the process of getting sober. Stay in contact with your family and loved ones. Do not hesitate to talk to them about your addiction and treatment.
D. Bottom Line
These inspirational recovery quotes will help you in moving forward toward sobriety. You can turn every single day into a new pursuit of achieving sobriety. Go as long as you become the person you want to be.
You can seek the support of your loved one. If you experience several relapses, you can talk to your family or contact a rehab. But don’t let the fear of relapse stop your journey.
The recovery journey might not be easy. Tell yourself, “I know who I really am.” It does not matter how slowly you go, believe in the addiction treatment process and you will achieve it one day.
Read more from us here.