In this fast-paced life of quickly achieving our goals through shortcuts, we often forget to give ourselves the detox that this body of ours requires. This article will help you learn how to clean and stimulate scalp.
Hair and scalp are as important parts of our body as any other vital organ. It is important to maintain a healthy scalp for healthy hair and stimulate hair growth. When we scrub and get a facial once every month, we should also think about our scalp and hair because, just like our skin, our hair follicles also go through a lot of harsh product buildup and chemicals.
In addition to that, we have got environmental pollution and cast built up around us so much that it is polluting our scalp health all the time.
Not to mention special festivals like Holi or the tomato festival in India and Southern America, which deteriorates our hair follicles sometimes beyond repair. That is why it is important to cleanse deep, detox your scalp, and get rid of dead skin cells.
The following article will tell you about the techniques, DIY detox masks, hair care procedures, and other nutritional factors that are necessary for the process of how to clean and stimulating the scalp.
1. Techniques To Clean And Stimulate Scalp
1.1. Head Wash
One of the most common mistakes people genuinely make is washing their hair every second day.
Remember that it is unnecessary to wash your hair and use products on your hair every other day; it should be based on your hair grease condition; know that there is not much excess oil in your hair, and it should be subjective to you only. For some, it might be twice a week, and for some, it can be even once a week.
Oily hair is a major disagreeing point in everyone’s life, nobody wants that sticky head and nerdy to feel after oiling, but this might help detox your hair.
Try not to apply oil too much to your scalp, and apply lukewarm on your hair ends to prevent breakage and split ends. Try to oil your hair and scalp before every head wash as a shield from the damage of regular shampoo.
Always try to condition as much as you can so that you can protect your hair from daily dirt and dust. Conditioning also helps in preventing hair shedding and getting rid of dry hair.
It might take some time for you to select the perfect conditioner that suits your scalp and hair, but once you are done with it, it will be perfect for your prevention of pollution.
2. How To Clean And Stimulate Sclap
Stimulating the scalp helps in an itchy scalp and flaky scalp. It is good for deep cleansing, removes dead skin cells, and helps maintain scalp ph levels.
- Make sure your head is not too dirty, and your last head wash was not more than 1-2 days earlier.
- Either have a steamer or hot pot ready for hair detoxification; remember that you need to have that hot steam in your hair follicles.
- Steam your hair for about 8-10 minutes, and then apply oil, like tea tree oil or coconut oil, to promote healing, or you can also apply apple cider vinegar. Oil can be of your choice, but make sure it is original and authentic.
- Leave this oil on your head for about 30 minutes and cover your head with a shower cap; let the opened pores absorb all the oil after steam. This is known as an oil treatment.
After this, brush your hair or do some scalp brush either through the brush or through fingertips to stimulate blood vessels, then wash your head with mild shampoo and conditioner.
- For this scalp detox method, first, you need to wet your hair and then apply any hair mask of your choice.
- Steam your hair for about 10-12 minutes, and then wear a shower cap or a warm towel, to let the steam penetrate your scalp and hair follicles.
- Now, use a scalp scrub with an exfoliating scrub and rinse your hair with cold water.
- If you have sensitive skin, then gently exfoliate for healthy hair.
- After exfoliating either with your brush or with your scalp, scrub the brush to unclog the pores.
- Apply some aloe vera gel to your scalp and hair roots after removing old skin cells, aloe vera has anti-itch properties, and its natural ingredients will help as a scalp tonic.
- Let the aloe vera gel rest for 10-12 minutes in your head.
- Then gently rinse your hair with mild shampoo and lock your hair with a nice conditioner.
2.2.1. Measure to take care of
- The main steps to stimulate hair and scalp are exfoliating with a scrub or brush, and your hair mask or apple cider vinegar can work as a miracle for your flaky or itchy scalp.
Make sure you handle the steam step very carefully as it sometimes can cause harm and save your eyes and nose from the extreme heat.
3. Diy Hair Detox Masks
One of the very best things for your hair that will work to save your hair and scalp from excess dirt and dust and help to clean the scalp are mineral oils.
In this mask, you will need two types of hair oils, one will be a primary hair oil, and the other will be secondary. Your base will be used more in quantity as a primary functionary, like coconut oil, olive oil, or almond oil. The secondary coil can be rosemary oil, tea tree oil, and lavender oil. Base oil will be two spoons, and secondary oil will be half a spoon.
Now add any clay mask available over the counter and mix it well to use it all over your scalp and hair. Rinse your hair with warm water.
Another DIY mask that will help and teach you how to stimulate the scalp and hair can be by eradicating the excess oils present in your scalp and can help maintain healthier hair.
Scalp care requires nourishment, and for nourishment, you will need yogurt or hung curd, make sure it’s fresh and chemicals-free.
Have two-three big heaps, full spoons of curd, or according to your hair length requirement, add half a tablespoon of honey and add one egg( you can leave the yolk if you do not want stinky hair, but it is preferred to apply it with the yolk to gain its full advantages).
Apply this hair mask from the scalp to the hair ends, then make a bun and cover it with a shower cap. Leave it for 30-40 mins to gain its benefits.
After this, use your clarifying shampoo and wash it with warm water, then cover your hair with a warm towel for the steam to penetrate your roots. After covering your hair with a towel, remove it and apply conditioner to the wet hair.
3.2.1. Role Of Salicylic Acid In Cleaning Scalp And Hair
Salicylic acid is a section of drugs coming from salicylates that are used to shed dead cells from the upper layer of skin to reduce redness and acne, and it has anti-inflammatory properties.
Usually, it is used on the face and skin, but it is recently famous for shedding the dead cells of the scalp and detox.
Before using any product, it is always advised to get a patch check first to see if you are allergic to it and consider a doctor’s help if you experience any redness, rashes, or unwanted results. Consult your dermatologist before using salicylic acid, and use it with caution only on the skin or the scalp.
It is used for treating dandruff and itchiness on the scalp, so apply it on the wet scalp and do not rub it gently; massage it with your fingertips and let it dry. After that, wash your head with cold water.
Salicylic acid is one of the ingredients you might find in your dandruff shampoo, and using it for a flaky scalp can be helpful. To have a more handy usage, you can try to fill salicylic acid in a spray bottle and spray it on your scalp according to your need.
Another powerful hair detox mask that you can prepare at your home will only require three ingredients:
- bentonite clay
- apple cider vinegar
- and aloe vera gel
To have this mask, you will need to mix all these three ingredients in a well thick paste, apply this to your hair and wear a shower. Ensure it doesn’t get dry; to prevent its drying, you will need to give a pat wet hand on it or water from a spray bottle.
This has been successful in hair detoxing and helped many people suffering from issues of thin hair, hair loss, and dull hair. It is an effective procedure for cleaning your scalp and hair.
4. Things To Do For Healthy Hair Growth
Hair is an important part of our lives, whether we are going to a social party, a special date, or an important meeting. Hair counts under the vital aspects of impression formation, and now, you surely do not want to have dull, flaky, or dandruff full hair when you are going to form an impression.
This doesn’t mean you can do last-minute quick fixes, and some Rapunzel magic can happen at the last moment. You need to take care of your hair and do a proper hair care procedure to prevent your hair.
Here are some usual day-to-day care tips that you can do; some of them are very easy, and it just requires 2-3 minutes for your hair to achieve healthy of your hair in the long term.
Like the face or any other part of our body, like a manicure or pedicure, we should not forget to look after our hair; they require exfoliation, conditioning, repair, and nourishment from daily damage and harm.
- Nourishment is the key to your hair health; make sure you are consuming good amounts of protein, vitamins, and even healthy fats for your hair health. 10 in 6 women do not consume the adequate amount of proteins and vitamins that their body requires, and these minerals reach your hair after they are fulfilled in your normal body functioning requirements. It is a matter of concern to think about how your hair will achieve its health when the vitamins aren’t even fulfilled in the body itself. Some of the common vitamins that help your hair health are B12, B6, folic acid, and Biotin.
- Special care is required if you naturally have blond hair, as they get damaged very easily, and it is very important to save your hair from the harmful UV rays of the sun that are now causing cancer and whatnot. Surely an adequate amount of vitamin D is required by your hair for its growth, but the heat and sun rays in the afternoon can damage your hair, so try to cover your hair during that time period or use an umbrella, or try to be in a shed in that time period.
- Save your hair from salt water or chlorine water. You do not want your hair to deteriorate its quality when they already are under a lot of threat from malnutrition and sun rays. Water with high salt content can damage your hair and make hair more greasy and thin.
- Now you surely like to swim in the community swimming pools or elsewhere, but you need to cover your hair with a swimming cap to save your hair from that purple villain of your innocent hair.
- Yes, you heard it right. Hydration is the key to your shiny hair and breakage-free hair. Not only chemically induced conditioner will provide you with luster and shine but drinking a required amount of water help in hair growth and is even successful in getting rid of a flaky scalp.
I hope now you are all clear on how to clean and stimulate your scalp, and also how to take good care of your hair.
1. How many times should I wash my hair in a week?
- Every 2-3 days for an average person
- Every 5-6 days for thinning/damaged hair
- Every 4-5 days for wavy/curly
- Once a week for oily hair
2. How important is it to use conditioner?
Since conditioner provides sort of a protective layer to your strands, not using it may make your hair brittle and; therefore easier to break. Most people don’t really need to use both shampoo and conditioner, but using conditioner can make it easy to ease out the tangles in your hair.
3. How do I choose the right shampoo for my hair?
Before anything, it is important to remember that choosing a shampoo type and sticking to it is of utmost importance here. Experimenting with different shampoos can take away from the time that your hair might need to get used to responding to it.
If you have an oily scalp, avoid picking a product that happens to be rich in oils, because it will make your hair look oilier. And lumpy. Picking a shampoo with jojoba extracts and natural conditioning abilities might do your hair some good.
In the case of dry hair, pick a shampoo that has extra conditioning abilities so you can maintain the moisture level of both your hair and scalp.