We are sure that you have heard how bhringraj powder benefits are potent and innumerable, but have you also been curious to find out more about the prowess of bhringraj powder?
Then, my friend, you have stumbled on just the right article for you.
Bhringraj, also known as false daisy, or eclipta prostrate, is an Ayurvedic wonder herb. Bhringraj powder benefits not only your immune system but is extremely beneficial for your hair and skin.
A Complete Guide On Bhringraj Powder Benefits
A. What is Bhringraj?
Bhringraj is a creeping herb which grows to a height of 3 meters and has long stalks and white-coloured flowers. Bhringraj herb mostly grows in the moist regions of Brazil, Thailand, China, Nepal, and India.
Bhringraj can be classified into three types:
- Shweta bhringraj– possesses white-coloured flowers
- Neel bhringraj– possess blue coloured flowers
- Peet bhringraj– possess yellow-coloured flowers
B. Bhringraj Powder Benefits
Some of the most potent bhringraj powder benefits are:
1. Treating Hair Problems
Did you know that bhringraj is also known as keshraj because of the abundant benefits it provides for your hair?
Bhringraj powder benefits the scalp and provides nourishment that prevents hair fall in the long run. It stimulates the scalp cells to promote hair growth and reduce hair loss. It helps in boosting hair health.
Due to its antimicrobial properties, bhringraj powder is also very effective in treating dandruff and lice. Bhringraj powder prevents thinning of hair and can as well as treat baldness and premature greying.
2. Ameliorates skin problems
Apart from treating hair problems, bhringraj powder treats skin diseases too.
Bhringraj helps in removing skin impurities by purifying the blood. Due to the anti-inflammatory properties present in bhringraj powder, it helps in treating the root cause of skin ailments.
Also, the usage of bhringraj powder can help you to heal wounds quickly too. A flavonoid called luteolin can penetrate the deepest layers of skin and help in treating cures and other skin disorders.
The herbal remedy contains complexion-enhancing properties. Therefore, the bhringraj powder benefits the skin, making it look more radiant and young.
3. Combat chronic ailments
One of the biggest bhringraj powders benefits is that bhringraj powder can combat various chronic ailments and produce numerous health benefits.
- Liver and kidney disorders– Bhringraj powder detoxifies the kidney and liver. Therefore, can treat conditions like jaundice, hepatitis, or cirrhosis.
- Digestive ailments– Anti-inflammatory properties present in bhringraj help in treating digestive disorders and internal inflammation. Regular consumption of bhringraj powder benefits the digestive system and can ameliorate conditions like constipation and abdominal pain.
- Treats urine infections- Bhringraj powder acts as a mild diuretic and therefore normalizes the functioning of the urine. On the other hand, it can also eliminate harmful bacteria from the urinary bladder. Moreover, it can also help in treating respiratory problems and diabetes too.
4. Beneficial for the eyes
Next on the list of bhringraj powder benefits is its effectiveness for the eyes. Carotene present in bhringraj powder treats night blindness and other eye ailments.
It can also help in promoting healthy eyesight. Carotene, which is an antioxidant, is extremely beneficial for the health of the eyes.
Regular consumption of bhringraj powder can also help you to easily eliminate the free radicals that can cause macular degeneration, the formation of a cataract, and loss of vision.
5. Boosts heart health
Bhringraj powder helps manage the cholesterol levels of the body and can also safeguard the normal functioning of the heart.
This herbal remedy not only improves blood flow but can also regulate blood pressure.
6. Boosts the working capacity of the brain
Bhringraj powder has always been used as an Ayurvedic herb to boost the functioning of the brain.
The flavonoids and antioxidants present in bhringraj powder improve memory, concentration, and focus. It acts as a brain tonic and stimulant and improves the cognitive abilities of the brain.
C. Potential Side Effects of Bhringraj Powder
Bhringraj powder benefits may be innumerable, but certain side effects should be aware of.
- People allergic to bhringraj powder or its constituents should not consume the powder. It can lead to swelling and inflammation.
- Bhringraj powder should only be consumed under a doctor’s prescription if you are breastfeeding or pregnant.
- Consuming high doses of bhringraj powder can lead to stomach upsets.
D. How to Consume the Bhringraj Powder?
Bhringraj powder benefits will only be potent when it is consumed in the right dosage.
The recommended dosage of bhringraj powder is to consume ½ or ¼ teaspoon of bhringraj powder with water on an empty stomach, 2-3 times a day.
The generic dosage as recommended are:
- Adults- 1-3 grams
- Children- 250-1000 mg
The maximum consumption of bhringraj powder in a day can be 9 grams, but it should be divided into doses.
However, there are certain recommendations if you are consuming the powder for different ailments.
- For respiratory diseases– mix bhringraj powder with cow’s ghee, lukewarm water, or honey.
- For chronic fever– mix the powder with milk.
- For liver disease or jaundice– have bhringraj powder with sugar or mishri
- To treat hyperacidity or heartburn– mix the powder with some jaggery
E. How to Use Bhringraj Powder?
Well, consuming the powder regularly is the best way of obtaining the bhringraj powder benefits, but you can also use the bhringraj powder in the form of hair packs or face masks.
Mix equal proportions of bhringraj powder, amla powder, and fenugreek powder in a cup. Add yogurt to the mix to form a smooth paste. Apply it on your scalp and leave it for 15-20 mins and then rinse it off with lukewarm water.
You can also combine bhringraj powder, hibiscus powder, and coconut milk to revitalize your hair growth.
As for the skin, mix bhringraj powder with yogurt or with aloe vera and apply it to your skin. Leave the mask for 20 mins and then wash it off with water. Do not forget to apply some moisturizer if using it on your skin. For the scalp, use a mild conditioner.
Now there you go, some effective bhringraj powder benefits. Hopefully, the article was able to solve most of your queries. Now, include this potent herbal remedy in your daily routine and bask in the magic it provides.
Frequently Asked Question
1. What is bhringraj powder used for?
Bhringraj is a natural analgesic and anti-inflammatory that lowers fever and pain. This Ayurvedic medicine can also be used to alleviate headaches and migraine.
2. What are the side effects of bhringraj powder?
You will experience the following negative effects if you fail to consume the recommended dosage of bhringraj: regular urination, itchiness, swelling, and lower blood pressure.
3. Can Bhringraj be used daily?
Yes, daily use of bhringraj oil is safe. Bhringraj oil can be used as a liver cleanser, to promote hair growth, and to enhance hair texture.