“CrossFit”, when the name of the workout comes to your ear, you might have created a picture in your mind that people might be throwing around heavy barbells, swinging kettlebells, or might be jumping onto impossible high boxes.
Crossfit workouts at home or CrossFit workouts at the gym are intense workouts in themselves. Fun fact, CrossFit workouts can be done at home as well! Some of you must still be in doubt about how that could be possible since it must require a lot of equipment, right? Let me correct you: CrossFit workout at home only requires your body weight.
What do you mean by CrossFit workouts?
CrossFit workouts are conditioned programs that usually involve various functional movements that are constant like lifting, climbing, rowing, and more.
CrossFit workouts can be done without any equipment. Some people use dumbles while doing CrossFit to add to their core strength.
The workouts that are included in the CrossFit workouts are not fixed, since the workout is meant to focus on your body and to change your daily routine. CrossFit workouts include squats, pushups, and various other movements that burn out the calories at a pace that’s double the usual workouts.
The CrossFit workout promises to keep you fit and healthy by burning calories at a very quick pace. These workouts are planned in a way that every part of your body needs to contribute to the movement. This intense training program is planned in a way that increases the flexibility of your muscles.
What are the Benefits of CrossFit Workout at Home
CrossFit workouts make the person strong in physical as well as psychological aspects.
- CrossFit workout improves your physical strength: These highly intensive workouts burst out the loose fat, burning more calories in comparison to aerobics or cardio. It also focuses on the multi-joint movements which help you in gaining muscle strength and building stamina. Sometimes dumbles are added to the workout to strengthen the muscles.
- Improve agility, balance, and flexibility: CrossFit workouts at home or CrossFit workouts at the gym involve functional exercises. Functional moments involve workouts such as squats, kettlebell swings, or overhead presses, which can help improve agility, balance, and flexibility. The workout reduces the risk of injury.
- Crossfit workouts burn calories and manage weight: Doing CrossFit workouts at home or doing CrossFit workouts at the gym; these kinds of workouts are intense kinds of workouts that will help you burn more calories. On average, for males, the calories it will burn is 195-pound, and for females, it will burn 165-pound.
6 Best CrossFit Workouts at Home
CrossFit workouts at home are itself a storm workout. These are beneficial workouts when done in the right manner with a cardinal understanding. For CrossFit workouts at home, numerous workouts can be done, but choosing the best for oneself is a daunting task.
CrossFit workout is for beginners as well as highly advanced people. Here’s a list of the ten best CrossFit workouts at home for both:
1. A Front Squat
Workout is usually done with weights, doing a CrossFit workout at home, squats can be performed without any tools as well. How to perform a squat as a CrossFit workout at home?
- Step 1: Stand straight with legs apart (shoulder width)
- Step 2: Place the bar on your chest level and the fingers below it. Your elbows should be parallel to the ground.
- Step 3: Now push your hips back and butt out, in a deep lower squat position. Spread the knees, which should be pointing towards the corner.
- Step 4: Repeat it for 10 reps.
Pulls are usually performed at the gym when doing CrossFit at workouts at home, pull-ups can be performed in a modified version of using a kitchen table. Make sure that you have a stable table that can be used in supporting your weight.
Contract your lats to pull your chest close to the table and then lower. If you want an actual pull-up bar, shop on websites such as Amazon and Flipkart since they have a lot of options.
This is considered to be the best CrossFit workout at home. In this, vigorous workout of 20 minutes, complete as much exercise as possible. Cindy’s workout contains 5 pull-ups, 10 push-ups, 15 squats, which should be completed within time. It serves as a good beginner’s workout as it only contains body movements.
For this set a timer of 20 minutes, then cycle through as many rounds of these three exercises as you can
4. Wall ball shots and squats
Wall ball shots and squats can be done at home, it is considered to be one of the effective CrossFit workouts at home. Let’s see how this workout can be performed at home.
- For wall-ball shots and squats, toss a medicine ball against a wall. Aim a higher spot on the wall, where you feel like you can catch the ball when it comes back/down.
- The duration of the exercise should be 12 minutes.
This workout is 10 minutes workout. All you need to do is distance your arm from a wall. place your hand on the wall in front of the chest, elbows should be bent and close to the body. the lower body will go in a position of the squat position, raise the ball up and bounce it off of the wall slightly above your head.
This CrossFit workout at home includes running, 10 burpees track jumps, 15 triceps dips. If you have done burpees already, you know how it goes. Let’s try track burpees. A plyometric move will jack your heart rate. Combine the burpees with dips and a run, and there you go! You now have a high-quality workout.
CrossFit workouts at home are not safe for anyone especially when you are pregnant and you are already in the phase of practicing it, you must consult your doctor first before proceeding. If you are a beginner, it is always advisable to do it under a trained fitness professional that can make sure you’re doing the exercises properly.
Read more from us here.
Also read: Types of Butt ShapesAs an Amazon Associate, Icy Health earns from qualifying purchases.