There are many reasons one prefers working out at home rather than at a gym, may it be privacy, cutting back on expenses, flexibility, convenience, and more. Today, we will be discussing the 6 best CrossFit workouts at home that you can benefit from.
When you hear the term workout, you might have created a picture in your mind that people might be throwing around heavy barbells, swinging kettlebells, or might be jumping onto impossible high boxes.
Although CrossFit workouts are a bit different, they are intense workouts in themselves. Fun fact, CrossFit workouts can be done at home as well!
Some of you must still be in doubt about how that could be possible since it must require a lot of equipment, right? Let me correct you: CrossFit workout at home only requires your body weight.
CrossFit Workouts At Home
CrossFit workouts are conditioned programs that usually involve various functional movements that are constant like lifting, climbing, rowing, and more.
CrossFit workouts can be done without any equipment, although some people use dumbles while doing CrossFit to add to their core strength.
The workouts that are included in the CrossFit workouts are not fixed, since the workout is meant to focus on your body and to change your daily routine.
CrossFit workouts include squats, pushups, and various other movements that burn out calories at a pace that’s double the usual workouts.
These workouts are planned in a way that every part of your body needs to contribute to the movement. This intense training program is planned in a way that increases the flexibility of your muscles.
What are the Benefits of CrossFit Workout?
CrossFit workouts make the person strong in physical as well as psychological aspects.
- CrossFit workout improves your physical strength: These highly intensive workouts burst out the loose fat, burning more calories in comparison to aerobics or cardio. It also focuses on multi-joint movements which help you in gaining muscle strength and build stamina. Sometimes dumbles are added to the workout to strengthen the muscles.
- Improve agility, balance, and flexibility: CrossFit workouts at home or CrossFit workouts at the gym involve functional exercises. Functional moments involve workouts such as squats, kettlebell swings, or overhead presses, which can help improve agility, balance, and flexibility. The workout reduces the risk of injury.
- Crossfit workouts burn calories and manage weight: Doing CrossFit workouts at home or CrossFit workouts at the gym; these kinds of workouts are intense kinds of workouts that will help you burn more calories.
6 Best CrossFit Workouts at Home
CrossFit workouts at home are a storm workout. These are beneficial workouts when done in the right manner with a cardinal understanding. For CrossFit workouts at home, numerous workouts can be done, but choosing the best for oneself is a daunting task.
CrossFit workout is for beginners as well as highly advanced people. Here’s a list of the ten best CrossFit workouts at home for both:
1. A Front Squat
Workout is usually done with weights, doing a CrossFit workout at home, and squats can be performed without any tools as well.
- Step 1: Stand straight with legs apart (shoulder width)
- Step 2: Place the bar on your chest level and the fingers below it. Your elbows should be parallel to the ground.
- Step 3: Now push your hips back and butt out, in a deep lower squat position. Spread the knees, which should be pointing towards the corner.
- Step 4: Repeat it for 10 reps.
Pulls are usually performed at the gym when doing CrossFit workouts at home, pull-ups can be performed in a modified version of using a kitchen table. Make sure that you have a stable table that can be used in supporting your weight.
Contract your lats to pull your chest close to the table and then lower. If you want an actual pull-up bar, shop on websites since they have a lot of options.
This is considered to be the best CrossFit workout at home. In this, vigorous workout of 20 minutes, complete as much exercise as possible.
Cindy’s workout contains 5 pull-ups, 10 push-ups, and 15 squats, which should be completed within time. It serves as a good beginner’s workout as it only contains body movements.
For this set a timer of 20 minutes, then cycle through as many rounds of these three exercises as you can
4. Wall ball shots and squats
Wall ball shots and squats can be done at home, it is considered to be one of the most effective CrossFit workouts at home. Let’s see how this workout can be performed at home.
- For wall-ball shots and squats, toss a medicine ball against a wall. Aim for a higher spot on the wall, where you feel like you can catch the ball when it comes back/down.
- The duration of the exercise should be 12 minutes.
This workout is 10 minutes workout. All you need to do is distance your arm from a wall, place your hand on the wall in front of the chest, and your elbows should be bent and close to the body.
The lower body will go in a position of the squat position, raise the ball and bounce it off of the wall slightly above your head.
This CrossFit workout at home includes running, 10 burpees track jumps, and 15 triceps dips. If you have done burpees already, you know how it goes.
It is a plyometric move that will jack your heart rate. Combine the burpees with dips and a run, and there you go!
CrossFit workouts at home are not safe for anyone especially when you are pregnant. But if you are experienced, you must consult your doctor first before proceeding.
If you are a beginner, it is always advisable to do it under a trained fitness professional that can make sure you’re doing the exercises properly.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What exercises are in a CrossFit workout?
Squats, benches, deadlifts, and clean&jerk are the main exercises involved. So plan on doing some variations of those exercises throughout a standard CrossFit workout.
2. Is CrossFit better than the gym?
You can lose weight through CrossFit faster than you can through a typical gym workout. So, if your goal is to save money and lose weight fast, you can choose to do a CrossFit workout at home.
3. What are CrossFit workouts good for?
Squats, kettlebell swings, and overhead lifts are examples of functional moves that can help with balance, agility, and mobility in everyday life.
Read more from us here!