Fitness is the condition that most people desire to attain. However, various people are unable to do it without a guide or a trainer. Some initiate various exercises at home, some go to the gym, and some do it outside by applying different workouts. How to attain total body fitness is what many people are looking for, especially those with a high fitness goal.
The sections below will make you aware of the best workouts for total body fitness and the techniques for achieving it.
Techniques for Total Body Fitness
Applying various methods of exercise is the perfect way to gain total body strength. In this case, you can either take personal training from a specialist or can train yourself on your own.
There are numerous techniques to attain total body fitness. Among them, the most effective ones are cardiovascular, strength training, and stretching workouts. Applying all these, sequence wise, will assist you in gaining full-body power.
These will work on your muscle groups in your various body parts. Besides, you will have a great immune system, and the injuries coming from stress, or sports, won’t be a big deal to you.
Before these, to increase your lung capacity, maintaining a healthy heart, and having lean muscles is necessary. However, to gain total body fitness, doing one kind of exercise daily is enough. But remember to alter them each day, and relax your muscles and heal them between everyday workouts. Eventually, by maintaining this process, you can have more strength and do well in each exercise session.
Let’s now explore the techniques to acquire total body fitness.
1.Technique 1: Cardiovascular Exercises –
Start your path towards achieving total body fitness with cardiovascular workouts. Adopt any moves having cardio activities, and your heart will become stronger. The air intake should increase, and blood circulation should improve. The ideal options under cardiovascular exercises are –
a. Pushups –
Pushups are one of the best cardiovascular exercises. See the following steps to perform them well, and have the best benefits.
- Extend your arms, and comfortably place your palms on the floor. Your palms should be beneath your shoulders.
- Keep your body as straight as a line, and extend your legs back. Let your legs rest on the balls of your feet.
- Maintaining this position, start the exercise by lowering your body and take your chest and nose close to the floor.
- And again, push yourself up by putting force on your hand.
Perform it ten times a day, or try to do it as long as your body permits. Also, remember to take a rest in between the sets. If you are a beginner, start the workout resting on your knees, in the place of your legs. Soon you will be get used to the exercise, and will be able to progress to more difficult variations.
b. Running and Cycling –
Running and cycling are some of the most effective exercises under cardiovascular workouts, and these are great aerobic activities as well.
These two activities are excellent to increase total body fitness and are also beneficial in strengthening a person’s skeletal muscles.
Many experts suggest that the more you add intensity to these activities, i.e., cycling and running, the more you will have benefits. Besides, it will help you to build and increase muscle strength.
Start cycling and running at a moderate speed, and then increase it gradually. If tired, then take a rest, and start again. Jogging is also an effective cardiovascular workout, which can be applied beside running and cycling.
c. Burpees –
One of the most excellent exercises to have total body fitness is burpees. It includes both the advantages of pushups and squats. Check out its do’s below.
- At first, stand straight, and bend down into the squat position.
- Don’t get confused with jumping jacks, and adopt yourself in the plank position.
- Perform a pushup, and then stand back to your initial position.
It is recommendable to repeat this process as long as you can. If tired, take a rest, and start again. To perform burpees with greater intensity, you can jump off the squat from a standing position. For beginners, it is recommended to do the exercise without the pushup stage.
d. Brisk Walking –
Brisk Walking is an impressive as well as one of the easiest cardio workouts. One great thing about this workout is that it is doesn’t include any equipment. You can perform it by walking indoors or outdoors.
All you need is a good pair of sneakers. You can walk at a moderate speed, fast or low, which will give your lungs and heart a good workout, that is not too hard. This is a great workout which will not use all of your energy and make you get tired easily.
Initiate this daily, and you will have the best benefits soon. Irrespective of gaining total body fitness, everyone should perform this workout.
e. Jumping Jacks –
Another one of the best cardiovascular workouts is the Jumping Jacks. It is quite tough but tremendously beneficial. See the ways of performing it –
- Relax both your arms, engage your abs and stand straight.
- Start jumping, and stretch your legs apart by bringing your arms out. At first, take a T shape, and then bring your arms overhead, and clap once your hands meet above your head.
- Have your knees bent, and jump by stretching them, and then come back down again.
- Repeat this process as quickly as possible.
It is quite tough for beginners to execute, so it is recommended to rest as long as you can gain energy again, in between sets.
f. Lunges –
The lunges are great cardiovascular exercises to gain total body fitness, build muscles, and increase the heart rate. Mentioned beneath are the ways of doing it –
- Stand straight with tight core, relaxed shoulders, and keep your arms aside.
- Step your right foot forward by lowering your hips. Both knees should be bent at right angles, i.e., 90 degrees. Line up your right knee over your right ankle, and make your left knee float above the floor.
- Maintain the right heel’s weight to activate your glute muscles and then push back and come to your initial position. Repeat the same thing on the left side.
This move is relatively beneficial, but remember to repeat it at a steady speed, so the glute and core remain active.
Also, vary from the workouts mentioned above to work on different muscles of your body. Many places even accommodate fun cardio workouts, including dance, water aerobics, and more.
2.Technique 2: Strength Training Exercises-
It is mandatory for attaining total fitness to have strength training workouts at least two days a week. In this case, weight lifting comes top of the list. It is necessary to lean your muscle mass, and it is also beneficial in fat burning and increasing bone density.
However, unlike weight lifting, there are also other exercises, which will work on various muscles and administer you a toned and shaped body. Check the best strength training exercises below.
a. Lift weight –
Before starting to lift weights, warm up a little by jogging slowly or having a brisk walk. Begin with the first set, and do it at least 10 to 15 times. Take a rest and perform at least three more sets.
Gradually increase the weight after completing one set and before moving onto the other one. After fishing each set, stretch your muscles to comfort muscle tension. Do this exercise once, in two days.
Properly lifting weights is quite a hard task to do, so if you are a beginner, it will be good to hire a trainer, go to the gym, and do it under any specialist’s guidance.
b. Use Resistance Bands –
Resistant bands are extremely beneficial in any workout plan, and it also helps to attain total body fitness. You can perform numerous workouts by having a resistant band, starting from prone leg curl, band bicep curl, ankle jumping jacks, supinated clamshell, and many more. Follow this website to know the top 20 exercises to perform with resistant bands.
c. Bodyweight resistance exercises –
Perform those moves that work on and uses your body weight uses for resistance. These are effective for acquiring strength, and the major workouts are pushups, pull-ups, and crunches.
- Pushups: Pushups are one of the best strength, as well as circuit training workouts. It is tremendously beneficial in building core and upper body strength and targets shoulders, arms, and chest.
- Pull-Ups: Pull up is another effective workout providing strength, performed by hanging onto a pull-up bar, body extended fully. Coming into this position, you have to pull yourself up, and your chin should be above the bar.
- Crunches: They are probably the best exercises to train your abdomen and core. It works on multiple areas, including the hips, pelvis, and lower back.
Apart from these, you can also increase your strength with the assistance of weight machines at the gym. You’ll get the same results.
3.Technique 3: Stretching Exercises –
Another day of your workout should be filled with stretching exercises. Stretching exercises significantly increase body balance, strengthen our joints and tendons, and relax our organs and muscles. Check the best stretching workouts below:
a. Standing Hamstring Stretch –
One of the most popular workouts is the standing hamstring stretch . Check its steps beneath –
- At first, stand straight, and keep your feet hip-width apart. Slightly bend your knees and keep your arms at the sides.
- Breathe out, and keep your neck, head, and shoulders comfortable. Slowly bend forward, and lower your head towards the floor.
- Cover your arms with the back of your legs. Maintain this move for 45 seconds to 2 minutes.
- Gently bend your knees, and roll up when completed.
b. Butterfly Stretch –
Another well-known stretching is the butterfly exercise. Incorporating it in your stretching workout routine is a must, as it helps to tone your body perfectly.
- Sit comfortably on a flat ground, and grab the soles on your feet. Bend your knees on two respective sides.
- Hold onto your feet and gently bend your body towards your ankles or feet. Push your knees to the ground. It will greatly work on your abs.
- Gradually push knees down; if it is too difficult to bend over.
- Attain this position, and hold it for at least 30 seconds to two minutes.
c. Side Bend Stretch –
Side bend stretch is one of the useful stretching exercises of all. Doing it is a bit complicated, but still, it is easy to perform and necessary to acquire total body fitness.
- Kneel on the ground, and keep your legs and back straight. Have your legs together and core tight.
- At first, have your left leg stretched to its side, and it should be perpendicular to your body, but not in front or behind.
- Ease your left arm on your left leg, and stretch your right arm over your head. Gently curve your body to the left side. Remember to keep your hips straight and face forward.
- Maintain this stretch for 30 seconds to 2 minutes.
- Repeat the same by switching sides.
d. Knee to Chest Stretch –
Another excellent stretching exercise is the knee to chest stretch. It is effortless to perform, and no stretching workout is complete without this move, which is also used to gain total body fitness. Check its ways below.
- Lie on the floor, facing upwards, and stretch your legs.
- At first, pull your right knee, and take it to your chest. Don’t bend the lower back; keep it straight and press the floor by your lower back.
- Maintain this for 30 seconds to 2 minutes.
- Continue the same process with the other leg.
Also, you can apply various yoga poses to derive the same and best results. Click here to perform the yoga exercises
Those mentioned above are the three techniques to acquire total body fitness. Remember to apply them sequence-wise, i.e., start with cardiovascular workouts, apply strength train exercises, and then do your stretches. Work hard, and you will see the benefits soon. You can vary your technique exercises to add more intensity, choosing other cardio or strength workouts to build your muscles.
Any information found on the site does not constitute legal or medical advice. Should you face health issues, please visit your doctor to get yourself diagnosed. Icy Health offers expert opinions and advice for informational purposes only. This is not a substitute for professional medical advice.