Health and fitness are two aspects that are vital for living a healthy and disease-free life. The culture of gymnasiums, health clubs, jogging parks, yoga clubs, and fitness training is prevailing in the present times, as people are becoming consciously aware of the undeniable significance of health and well-being.
Resistance Band Chest Workout is a persuasive form of training with exceptional results among all the well-renowned workouts techniques to remain healthy and fit.
Barbells, heavyweights, or dumbbells can be avoided when you have these stretchy bands to build muscle strength. The resistance band chest workout is fairly effective in building muscle groups in the chest.
So, if you are a fitness freak and wish to build your chest muscles, this article is perfect for you.
Resistance Band Chest Workout
Resistance bands, as the name suggests, are exercise bands that are used to perform resistance band exercises and are stretchy in their prime characteristic.
Here is a video with wonderful clarity about all you need to know about resistance bands.
You can do several effective chest exercises with resistance bands. The resistance band chest workout is a potent symbol of entire chest muscle build-up.
Resistance bands are elastic bands that are easily available in the market. You can get primitive resistance band training to be more precise in the idea of their usage. Also, you can go for tube resistance bands as well, as they are evenly efficacious for fitness.
Resistance Bands: How Are They Advantageous?
The resistance bands are precise for the chest workouts that involve working against the tension of the band. The resistance band chest workout is extremely beneficial.
Build Chest Muscles:
There are three primary muscles in the chest. They are pectoralis major, pectoralis minor, and serratus anterior.
These chest muscles play a very important role in moving the arm in pressing and chest fly exercises with resistance bands.
So the chest exercises with these resistance bands involve these major muscles in the chest, and they are primarily beneficial for chest muscle growth.
Lower risk of injury:
As resistance bands are easy to use with primitive training, they are evidently safe to use for each individual. They are the most suitable exercise equipment for full-body workouts, particularly for chest muscles with a low risk of injuries.
As resistance bands are light in weight and a favorable replacement for heavyweight machines, they are valuable to minimize the risk of any severe injury.
Versatile in nature:
Resistance bands are extremely versatile in their utility as well as fitness benefits. There are many techniques to use resistance bands in the form of varied exercises.
These bands are versatile in one more notable sphere that can be used by anyone and everyone, with a simple resistance band training for attaining more precision.
These bands are apt even for the explosive form of exercises, but safety has to be taken care of while doing these movements or activities.
The other advantages of resistance bands are:
- They are efficient and supportive in improvising the quality of exercise.
- They enhance your control while controlling your body parts when you’re performing any of the resistance band exercises.
- The resistance band chest workout can be done anywhere, even at your own home. There is no need to go to a gym or workout club.
- They are promising in maintaining your body’s overall strength and endurance, which ultimately leads to an active day-to-day routine.
12 Best Resistance Band Chest Exercises
In the array of best chest exercises, Resistance Band Chest Workout is highly recommendable for those who do not have a wide space to exercise or for those who cannot go to the gym, as it is a form of workout that can be easily done on an individual basis and plays a visible part in building chest strength.
Let’s get to know the 12 best exercises in the category of resistance band chest workouts to build chest muscles.
1. Resistance Band Chest Fly
Here are the steps to perform a resistance band chest workout that’s named Resistance Band Chest Fly:
- Stand and anchor the band behind at chest height or hip.
- Now, turn your face away from the anchor and hold the ends of the band.
- Next, step away from the point of anchor, up to the extent of slight stretch (Pro tip: For better stability, while doing chest fly, you can put one foot in front of the other).
- Now, bring your arms up to the shoulder. Try bringing the band forward, close to your chest. Remember to keep your shoulders slightly bent in this step.
- Hold this for a few seconds and then get back to the former position.
- Repeat doing this for around 8 to 10 times as one complete set.
2. Banded Push-Ups
Here are the steps to perform Resistance Band Push-ups:
- First, you need to wrap the resistance band around your back and your shoulders.
- Next, get your body in a classic push-up position.
- Now, perform 8 to 12 push-ups.
3. Resistance Band Bench Press
Here are the steps to perform resistance band chest press exercise that’s called Resistance Band Bench Press:
- Lie down on your back. Put the resistance band under your shoulder blades.
- Now, hold the ends of the band.
- Bend your elbows with your hands facing the ceiling, and press your arms over your chest.
- Hold this for a second and then return steadily.
- For one complete set, perform the same steps around 8 to 10 times.
4. Standing Incline Chest Press
Here are the steps to perform Standing Incline Chest Press:
- First, place the middle portion of the band under your left heel.
- Now, put your right foot forward, with the band under your back foot.
- Place your hands near the shoulders by holding the ends of the band with both hands.
- Push forward and up by making an angle of around 45 degrees.
- Return to the starting position.
- Repeat the above steps 8 to 12 times.
5. Wide-Stance Band Crossover
Here are the steps to practice this resistance band chest workout that’s called the wide-stance band crossover exercise:
- First, place the band under your foot.
- Move your legs wide (as wide as possible for you).
- Hold the handles of the band near your hips.
- Slightly bend your elbow, and pull one handle up, across your body up to the height of your chest.
- Do the same, on the other hand.
- Try doing the above steps 8 to 12 times.
6. Standing High Crossover
Here are the steps to practice another type of resistance band chest workout in the crossover category that’s called Standing High Crossover:
- Stand with both your feet at a distance equal to hip-width.
- Place the band up to the height of the shoulders. You can use the door anchor as well.
- Now, turn your face away from the anchor point and pull the handles down and toward one another.
- Remember to bend elbows slightly.
- Try this 8 to 14 times.
7. Resistance Band Pullover
Here are the steps to practice the resistance band exercise of pullover:
- Lie on your back.
- Bend your knees and put your feet flat on the ground.
- Now, anchor the resistance band away from you, precisely speaking overhead.
- Keeping your arms straight overhead by holding the ends of the band.
- Now, pull the band forward towards your hips. Remember to keep your elbows straight while doing this step.
- Hold this position for a second and then return to the former position.
- For one complete set, do this 8 to 10 times.
8. Straight Arm Pull Down
Here are the steps to practice the Resistance Band Chest Exercise named straight arm pulldown:
- Tie the resistance band on something at a slightly higher height than you.
- Next, hold the ends of the band and step back by keeping your feet hip-width apart.
- Lean the trunk part of your body forward. Remember to bend your knees slightly.
- Keep your arms at an angle of 45 degrees in line with your ears.
- Keep your arms straight and pull the resistance band down up to your thighs. Also, while doing this, squeeze your latissimus dorsi muscles, commonly known as lats.
- Pause at the bottom for a while. Then, slowly and steadily release.
- Try 10 to 12 reps of the same steps.
9. Resistance Band Pull Up
Here are the important steps to perform the pull-up exercise with the help of resistance bands(Pro-tip: Make sure you have a looped band for this doing this pull-up. It is advised for best results):
- On a pull-up bar, anchor the band overhead.
- Now, fix the ends of the loop onto your foot or your knees to upload your weight.
- Next, try to get hold of the pull-up bar and keep your arms shoulder-width apart.
- Do pull-ups by bending your elbow and bringing your chest close to the pull-up bar.
- For one complete set of this workout, perform these pull-ups 5 to 8 times.
10. Single-Arm Crossover Fly
Here are the steps to perform this resistance band crossover workout:
- Stand with your legs wide, and the resistance band off to one side of your body.
- Fix the band on the ground. For this, you can either stand on it yourself or loop it around a point, but that point has to be below your knee.
- Now, hold the resistance band in your hand and bend your elbow on the same side you have looped it.
- Next, pull up the band as well as across your body and try bringing it to your opposite shoulder.
- Hold this for a second and then return to the original position.
- For completing 1 set on each side, repeat the above steps 8 to 10 times.
11. Resistance Band Row
Here are the steps to perform this resistance band chest workout, that is, Resistance Band Row:
- Sit in a rowing position. A rowing position is one in which your legs are in front of you.
- Fix the resistance band around your feet.
- Grasp both the ends of the band in your hands.
- Now, squeeze your shoulder blades together, and then pull your elbows back until your hands reach the torso area.
- Then, finely get yourself back to the same starting position.
- Repeat these steps around 10 to 14 times.
12. Fencer Crossover Pull
Here are the steps to perform Fencer Crossover Pull:
- Fix the band to one side of your body at a point below your knee and stand straight with your legs wide open.
- Hold the resistance band in the opposite hand so that arm is placed low across your body.
- Now, pull the band across your body in the same way as a sword is pulled out from the sheath.
- Remember to extend your elbow away and above your body.
- Slowly get your hand and elbow back in the former position.
- For completing 1 set of this resistance band chest workout, repeat this 8 to 10 times.
Here is a video depicting some ways to perform Resistance Band Workout.
Safety Points To Keep In Mind During Resistance Band Exercises
Every coin has two sides; similarly, everything in this has two sides of pros and cons. The Resistance bands also come with notions of safety and precautions.
Here are the safety tips to keep in mind while using resistance bands :
- As resistance bands often get the victim of wear and tear, therefore check them before using them regularly.
- Don’t be too fast while using resistance bands.
- Avoid random jerk movements with these bands.
- Don’t start with any workout without proper training or knowledge. Start slowly and steadily.
- Keep in mind to avoid stretching the band more than 2.5 times its total length.
- It is also advisable not to release the band at very high tension.
- Keep sound control over your body parts while using these bands. Avoid stressing over any part too much.
Still The Best
Resistance Band Chest Workout is undoubtedly one of the best chest workouts for all the health admirers who seek to build their chest muscle and gaining strength. They can be your spanking companions for your exercising routine.
So, get these stretchy friends for yourself and set an example of a fit body. You truly can!
Any information found on the site does not constitute legal or medical advice. Should you face health issues, please visit your doctor to get yourself diagnosed. Icy Health offers expert opinions and advice for informational purposes only. This is not a substitute for professional medical advice.