Executing eye exercises is beneficial to strengthen your eye vision and to relax it. These exercises should be done by all irrespective of any issues. In this article, we will see the best 10 eye exercises for you. Check the sections underneath.
Best 10 Eye Exercises for You!
Before going to the best eye exercises topic, you need to know why you need to complete these eye movements. It is not certain that they will improve low vision, but they can give you comfort for sure. Most people face digital eye strain because they are looking at the computer screen at work all day long. It helps to reduce eye strain, and it can also assist you in the following cases –
- 3D vision weakness.
- Strabismus (cross-eyes).
- If you have experienced any eye surgery earlier.
- Blurry and Unclear vision because of Astigmatism.
- Declining eye focus and weakening of eye muscles.
- If you have experienced any eye injury.
- If you are facing Lazy eye or are Amblyopic.
- If you are facing double vision or Diplopia.
Let’s now evaluate in detail the top 10 eye exercises.
Best 10 Eye Exercises
1.Rotating Eyes –
Rotating eyes is one of the best-recommended eye exercises by many eye specialists. There are some specific ways to do it, as it may seem quite hard at first when you initiate it, and you may feel uneasy; check the steps beneath.
- At first, find a place to sit comfortably
- Secondly, start moving your eyeballs clockwise, for ten times at least.
- After finishing, do the same thing, but in the opposite direction, i.e., anti-clockwise, for 10 times.
You will surely derive great benefits from this eye movement if you do it accurately. Just remember to carry this on for two to three minutes, and it is recommendable to do one to three sets each day.
You should do the blinking exercise if you primarily spend your time working digitally or in front of a computer or mobile screen, as it puts pressure on your eyes. Explore the do’s of this beneficial workout to comfort your eyes.
- Be comfortable and take a seat.
- Start blinking fast and get faster with each blink.
- Blink at least 10 to 15 times per set.
- Then pause 5 to 10 seconds.
- Begin blinking again.
Remember these steps mentioned above, and continue this beneficial eye workout for 30 seconds. Carrying out this exercise regularly is mandatory if you want to derive the best results. Implementing 3 to 4 sets of this eye movement will be enough for you.
Focusing is probably the most important eye exercise of all. It does wonders to strengthen your eye muscles and enhance vision capacity and concentration. You will find numerous ophthalmologists too, who will advise you to do this task at least once a day.
- Try to sit near a window.
- Keep an object (preferably pencil or pen) 5 inches away from you.
- Start focusing on that object and slowly move from right to left or vice versa. Do not move your hand or neck; complete this action by moving your eyes only.
- Have your arms outstretched, and continue focusing on that object.
- Again, start the same task by moving it either from left to right or vice versa, with eyes, not with head or neck.
- Then, keep your focus on the window for some seconds, bring back that object to its initial position, i.e., 5 inches away, and continue the same order again.
The time limit for this workout is 1 minute, and try to execute it once every day.
4.Near and Far –
One of the most effective eye exercises is “Near and Far,” which acts as effective vision therapy. Remove your glasses (if you have them), and look with your real eyes far and near. Like many eye workouts, you may find it a bit hard to execute it, but as you know, practice makes perfect.
- At first, set your focus on an object situated at least 10 to 20 feet away.
- Concentrate for 10 to 20 seconds.
- After doing that, set your focus on an object at least 10 to 20 seconds away.
Do this eye exercise for 1 to 2 minutes, and have one set of each far and near objects each day.
5.Zoom In and Zoom Out –
Another workout from the top-recommended eye-exercises list is Zoom in and Zoom out. This exercise is greatly beneficial for the eyes and provides massive benefits. Here, you have to keep your focus on an object steadily and patiently from different distances.
- Sit comfortably, and raise your arms, keeping them straight.
- Stretch your thumb and give the thumbs-up sign.
- Concentrate there for 5 to 6 seconds, and while doing it, carry your outstretched arm close to your nose. Have your concentration on the thumb.
Do this for 45 to 60 seconds to have good results, complete it 3 to 4 times each day, and once or twice a week.
6.Figure Eight –
It is probably one of the best and easiest eye exercises.
- Just think and form the figure eight in front of your eyes.
- Trace the imaginary figure, and move your eyes accordingly by forming the digit.
Whenever you do the figure eight exercise, continue one set for 2 to 3 minutes, and initiate one set in a day.
7.Up and Down –
The up and down eye movement is one of the most effective eye exercises to improve your vision. It assists in strengthening the eye muscles too.
- Sit with ease at first.
- Move your eyeballs up and down, 15 to 20 times for each one.
- Have 10 to 15 seconds of pause, and then start doing it again.
Spend at least 10 to 15 times on this workout, and have 2 to 3 sets a day.
8.Left and Right –
As with the previous one, i.e., the up and down eye exercise, it is also more or less the same. You can compare them, as you have to move your eyeballs left to right, and vice versa.
- Sit comfortably and straight.
- Move your eyeballs to the right side, and then to the left one, and vice versa.
At least, have 10 to 20 times of this workout in one set for each left and right side, and practice 2 or 3 sets daily. It is also one of the best eye exercises.
Palming is indeed one of the most effective eye exercises, especially when you want to give comfort to your eye. This workout is a common word in the mouth of many specialists as well. If you are in a pranayama session, it is always recommendable to break-up the eye session with this exercise.
- Firstly, close your eyes.
- Initiate rubbing your palms relatively hard for heat generation.
- Place your heated palms above your eyes to make your eyes feel a pleasant warmth.
Carry out this beneficial eye workout for 20 to 30 seconds, and try to do three sets in a day. You can also do this task at any time if you feel eye strain.
10.20-20-20 Rule –
The most famous and the most unique among all eye exercises is the 20-20-20 rule. People working continuously on a computer or watching television for a long time must execute this exercise to keep their eye condition well. It is one of the extremely beneficial exercises to improve low vision too.
- Firstly, focus on an object situated 20 feet away.
- Hold your focus at least for 20 seconds long.
- Have a rest, and repeat the same thing taking 20 minutes of pause.
As specified above, do this for 20 seconds long. Remember that holding your focus for exactly 20 seconds on an object situated 20 feet away and taking a pause of 20 minutes is mandatory, as you may have guessed from the name of the eye exercise. Do it as many times a day as possible by resting for 20 minutes between the sets.
Advice for Maintaining Eye Health
Certain things you should be kept in mind to keep your eyes healthy. Check them beneath.
- Every year, have an eye test to see the problems, as various eye diseases primarily show no symptoms. Corrective lenses are a good option to see clearly, for people having vision problems.
- If you require contact lenses or glasses, don’t hesitate to wear them, as they won’t weaken your eyes. That is just a common myth.
- Always try to wear a sunglass outside, to get protected from the harmful UV rays.
- Be cautious about your family history, as some eye diseases are genetic.
- Diabetes is also a major cause of eye problems. Consult your doctor at least twice a year if you have this issue.
- Have a good diet. Eating healthy and consuming vitamin A at a good proportion is beneficial for keeping your eyes well.
- Eliminate smoking from your life. We all know smoking is extremely injurious to health, and this includes eye health too.
The ones mentioned above are the best eye workouts for you. There is no full assurance of a cure that will give you good vision, but eye exercises can improve your eyes and give you benefits. Whether you work an online job, or you have some eye health concerns, it doesn’t hurt to try out a few eye exercises. It is recommendable to be under medical advice or to consult your specialist regularly.
Any information found on the site does not constitute legal or medical advice. Should you face health issues, please visit your doctor to get yourself diagnosed. Icy Health offers expert opinions and advice for informational purposes only. This is not a substitute for professional medical advice.