Sometimes, learning style that involves hands and other types of physical learning activities bring immense change in one’s behavior.
Learning Bodily kinesthetic intelligence could be quite engrossing for bringing creativity into one’s life.
Bodily kinesthetic learners will involve themselves more in activities, discovery, and exploring new things, due to active participation. And bodily kinesthetic learning style makes you learn more easily by experiencing things through different activities.
This article will help you collect a better knowledge about bodily kinesthetic intelligence.
What Is Bodily Kinesthetic?
Kinesthetic learners get to know things by using their hands and doing other physical activities. It’s a type of physical learning that involves body movements more often. Learning styles in bodily-kinesthetic are mostly physical and based on discovery. The Bodily Kinesthetic educational system prefers direct involvement rather than trusting in theory.
In a class environment (theory-based), kinesthetic learners may face many problems. Therefore, here are some tips that may help a kinesthetic learner. These include:
- Choose the correct place or environment that suits your preference. The place should support your kinesthetic intelligence and the place would also prefer direct involvement of physical activity.
- Try to be active, no matter how tough it is. You can chew gums or do any other things that encourage your way of learning.
- You should take intervals (or breaks), as your body needs rest from long sitting periods.
- You should try making notes, diagrams, or signals for keeping yourself active. Exploring subject or study notes to your friend’s group would develop your active participation.
How To Know If Someone Is A Bodily-Kinesthetic Learner?
There are certain things that a kinesthetic learner should have. Some of these are:
- A strong muscles memory would be considered.
- Hand skills such as craft or art would be a signal.
- Tapping through your hands or feet following the rhythm would be another sign.
- Those who don’t enjoy theoretical environment (or classes).
- Those who find visual or audio-based classes quite boring or herculean to grasp.
- You are inquisitive to explore your environment.
- You learn more easily by practicing or doing.
- Tools make you more focused on your work.
- Pushing down your pen or pencil while drawing or writing is another sign.
- You are amazing at mimicking other’s activities or acts.
- Aerobic steps or dancing is your favorite thing to do.
Benefits Of Bodily Kinesthetic Intelligence
- Great body language
2. Active participation in physical movement (or physical activity).
3. Increase the creativity level of individuals.
4. Energy is increased due to active participation.
5. Improve learning skills.
Other Learning Skills
There are different types of learning skills that you may find people with. Before talking about the multiple intelligence theory. Let’s learn a little about what this intelligence thing is. Intelligence could come as a treasure for every individual since birth. People born with some specific intelligence probably wouldn’t be capable of changing their learning styles.
The most renowned work of Howard Gardner is recognized as Multiple Intelligences Theory in today’s world. This theory mainly came with the concept that people could have different types of intelligence, without any limited criteria. You will see 9 different types of intelligence (Howard Gardener’s theory) in people. They are:
1) Visual-Spatial Intelligence
There are many folks quite good at comprehending maps and visualizing different things in other forms. This is a sign of visual-spatial intelligence, as it will help you do tremendous work at working with directions. Many students with visual-spatial intelligence would be great at catching images, videos, and charts.
Architect, Engineer, and Artist.
2) Linguistic Verbal Intelligence
Verbal-linguistic could be great for people that are writing enthusiasts. People that have linguistic verbal intelligence would be no doubt, amazing at using words. They will indeed show the courage to write and speak words without hesitation.
This intelligence would also help people in remembering things easily. You would also see people write interesting stories with this type of intelligence in them.
Journalist, Writer, Teacher, and Lawyer.
3) Logical-Mathematical Intelligence
People with logical-mathematical intelligence would be able to grasp analytical problems very easily. Recognizing patterns would be an interesting task for these folks. They also have outstanding reasonability skills. . These folks are concept-based and good at conceptualizing patterns.
Engineer, Accountant, and Mathematician.
4) Bodily Kinesthetic Intelligence
People blessed with tremendous control over their physical activity and grasp things easily with physical movement are called to have bodily kinesthetic intelligence.
Actor, dancer, and builder.
5) Musical Intelligence
Students that are great at catching the musical tones and rhythm, tend to have musical intelligence and education. These people would keep on developing their love for music (or musical instruments) and would give some astounding musical performances.
Conductor, music teacher, composer, and singer.
6) Interpersonal Intelligence
People with good communicating skills would have interpersonal intelligence. People with this type of intelligence are very active at evaluating the emotions, desires, and intentions of people present in their environment.
Politician, counselor, salesman, and psychologist.
7) Intrapersonal Intelligence
People with strong intrapersonal intelligence would be able to comprehend their own problems, intentions, and desires. They know their own personal strength and develop self-reflection.
Scientist, Philosopher, and Writer.
8) Naturalistic Intelligence
People that are capable of understanding and identifying the natural things related to the natural world, such as plants and animals. These people with naturalistic intelligence would feel more connected to the natural world as compared to the artificial world (created by humans).
Biologist, Geologist, and Astronomy.
9) Existential Intelligence
People that are quite inquisitive about human existence and humanity. People with existential intelligence would definitely have sensitivity towards human existence and would be filled with different questions all the time.
Read more about Bodily kinesthetic intelligence.
Humans are born with various types of intelligence, and it makes them different from others. Bodily kinesthetic intelligence helps many folks in various ways in their life. People with this type of intelligence would be more active and cheerful in their daily lives.
Its always recommended to explore more about the intelligence you have and try to identify the same at the initial stage. As it will help you in choosing the right career where you can conquer.
Read more about Components of emotional intelligence.
Read more from us here.