Vitamin C benefits for health and skin
What are the benefits of vitamin c?
Did you know that Vitamin C is an essential vitamin for collagen formation which is critical in helping to maintain the integrity of skin and connective tissue, bone, blood vessel walls and dentine? In an experiment done on 4025 women between 40-74 years, it was noticed that higher vitamin C intakes were associated with a lower likelihood of a wrinkled appearance!
Thus if you have noticed that vitamin C is a powerhouse of nutrients and can truly benefit skin. It becomes all the more essential for people suffering from skin problems to eat foods that are rich in vitamin C. For a couple of years now, skincare products have been using vitamin C in it to improve results. Whether it is for anti-ageing or to reduce inflammation or to promote collagen production, vitamin C is the nutrient you are looking for to obtain that clear healthy skin.
What are the benefits of vitamin C?
- Protects skin from the dangerous UV filled rays of the sun
- Brings about lesser hyperpigmentation
- Enhances the effectiveness of peels and masks
- Strengthens our immunity system to work properly from protecting us against diseases
- Basically strengthens our immunity system
- It even promotes hair and nail growth
- Most importantly, it wards off any early signs of aging and allows your skin to keep strong and supple
Vitamin C for your skin
Vitamin C is very famous among all other nutrients as a great nutrient that can keep you away from cold and also helps in growth and repair of tissues in the body.
Benefits of vitamin C for your skin
Here is why vitamin C is considered to be a boon to your skin. The benefits are many.
· Vitamin C helps in collagen production. Collagen is a protein that supports ligaments, blood vessels and continuously fights free radicals. It helps the skin to stay healthy and glow forever. Vitamin C also improves the overall immunity system of your body.
· Vitamin C is the most powerful and natural antioxidant. It helps in preventing skin diseases like psoriasis and rosacea.
· Vitamin C controls stress levels in your body and that shows on your skin. Reduced stress levels let the skin stay healthy and glowing.
· The antioxidants in vitamin C also help in protecting your skin from the sun. It protects you from the powerful ultra violet rays that are emitted by the sun and decreases the chances of occurrence of skin cancer.
· Vitamin C is used to treat sun burns and also heals the wounds on the skin.
· The elasticity of the skin increases with the intake of Vitamin C and also helps to create scar tissue and ligaments for quick recovery. It reduces wrinkles of your skin and gives your skin a more youthful look.
Any information found on the site does not constitute legal or medical advice. Should you face health issues, please visit your doctor to get yourself diagnosed. Icy Health offers expert opinions and advice for informational purposes only. This is not a substitute for professional medical advice.