Facial Dandruff Treatment
It is a myth that dandruff is limited only to the scalp. Dandruff can occur on facial skin too. This kind of occurrence is known as Seborrheic Dermatitis. Facial dandruff is a skin condition where there are patches of flaky and dry skin on the face. This causes irritation, redness and inflammation.
There are so many factors that contribute to facial dandruff. Oily skin, increased stress levels, or the formation of fungus can cause facial dandruff.
Remedies for Facial Dandruff
There are some simple remedies for treatment of facial dandruff. Vinegar is the first thinks that comes into mind for treating facial dandruff. It is a natural choice for treating facial dandruff as it very effectively regulates skin and maintains PH balance. You can also use a medicated shampoo in order to control facial dandruff. Avoid using harsh soaps on your face.
You can also use some antifungal creams for treating facial dandruff.
Fight dandruff with best skin care products
Dandruff is a common problem experienced by many of us which is mostly seen on the scalp shedding dead skin cells as flakes. This condition can also be observed on the eyebrows, around the nose, upper back or chest and has to be treated immediately to reduce the seriousness of the problem.
Moreover, if you find the skin dry, here is what you can do.
- You can apply moisturizer to the affected area which may not treat dandruff but helps in reducing flakiness of the skin.
- Medicated soaps and shampoos help to sooth inflammation of skin.
- Medicated shampoos with ingredients like tar, salicylic acid, selenium sulfide are effective in treating dandruff on the scalp.
- Cortisone and antifungal creams reduce seborrhea on face.
Some natural home remedies to treat dandruff includes using of
- Boil neem leaves for a solution and apply it to rinse the scalp
- Coconut oil mixed with lemon juice helps in controlling dandruff on the scalp
- Cider vinegar mixed with 20 drops of green tea is also a natural remedy for dandruff
- Baking soda effectively fights fungi and scrubbing it on hair helps in reducing flakiness of the scalp
- Applying warm olive oil is also an effective moisturizer to treat dryness of the scalp
Any information found on the site does not constitute legal or medical advice. Should you face health issues, please visit your doctor to get yourself diagnosed. Icy Health offers expert opinions and advice for informational purposes only. This is not a substitute for professional medical advice.